Audio My 5 year old X-530 is DEAD!

ubergeek

Skilled
Hey Guys,

Yesterday there was a power surge at my house,and the speakers were switched off but plugged in ,

once the power came back i switched on the speakers ,but no green light or audio output nothing i i tried plugging the speakers into diffrent wall sockets but to no avail
<

I had these speakers for past 5 years,and now iam heart broken
<
is there any way to get them repaired in chennai ?

after a bit of googling I think it might have blown a fuse so is there a way to replace it?

Please guys really need your input on this

Can some one please tell me where i can get it repaireD?

it would be nice if someone could share info about the speaker shops in and around chennai

hummmm......

could be the PSU/Adapter is fried and speakers are intact try it out, happened with my creative inspire as well and after changing the adapter its working fine
<

Open up the sub and check the circuit board. It should have a 5 Amp 240/250V fuse on it. Remove the fuse and check if it is blown. If it is blown, replace it with a new one of the same specifications.

The new fuse will cost you about 5 rupees and will be available at all local hardware stores.

Though I have not done this on a X530, I have successfully done this on some Artis speaker system I had a few years back. The X530 will be no different. Make sure that you unplug the speaker set before attempting this!
<

Hope it helps...

Apocalyp5e

hummmm......

could be the PSU/Adapter is fried and speakers are intact try it out, happened with my creative inspire as well and after changing the adapter its working fine
<

I connect the wire coming from woofer directly to the wall socket so.. i dont think what your saying is applicable to me
<
but thanks for the reply though

@Neo-N

Hmmmm can some one do this for me? i mean iam not very comfortable in opening it up what if i damage something else?

#ubergeek it's not really difficult. Still, if you are not comfortable with doing it, you can take it to any local TV repair guy and get it done. He'll obviously charge you more than just 5 rupees.

But tell him that it is just a fuse replacement and ask him not to meddle with anything else. I would have done it for you had you been from Mumbai. You can try to find some other experienced member from TE in Chennai who would be willing to do it for you. Start a help thread in GT.

Back