My attempt at an Audi TT in 3D :D

Deathdart

Disciple
Hey,

Here's something I did in an attempt to learn 3D Studio MAX.. It's a big step up from Google Sketchup, but it's quite difficult and time consuming IMHO. So anyway, this would be my first model with 3D Studio :D

Audi_TT_3DS_Model_by_Deathdart.jpg

Check out the full size at:

Audi TT 3DS Model by =Deathdart on deviantART

You can also get the wallpaper version at:

Audi TT Wallpaper by =Deathdart on deviantART

Here's a wallpaper with the lights turned on:

http://deathdart.deviantart.com/art/Audi-TT-Wallpaper-2-122280225

Modelling:

3D Studio MAX 2009 64-bit

Rendering:

VRay 1.5

Post-processing:

Photoshop CS4

Total project time:

Around 80 hours spread over 6 days

All comments and critiques are appreciated! Also if you know any methods for fixing any of the numerous flaws in the geometry, please let me know. :D

- Abhay

FEATURE: This model is now featured in the spotlight at http://www.designcontest.net (on May 12th, 2009)! :D

good work.
in some area's i dont know what exactly is the problem. if its a modelling issue or is it the background map you have used. there seems to be some modelling glitches on the red paint. try using a hdri map, it will make a huge difference in the reflections.
also the front lights seem like they can use some more work.

@ hunter, thetoxicmind

Thanks a lot!

@ stormblast:

I've used neither an environment map nor a reflection map on the car, the problem is with the geometry :( I had no idea how to fix it so I've left it as it is for now. The reflections are created by using 11 VRay Plane lights. Any specific suggestions for what can be done with the front lights?

@gforce:

I don't think I'll be making the current gen model because it's too much work to make the same car again, but I can render this one in white if you want. :) Let me know!

you need to improve on the reflections which you project.

The fifth picture, the hood, considering the light source is on my top right then reflections should be on right side mostly some on hood. If it's on in straight and in front head lights the reflections should be on from grill and some on hood and so on.

Just my 2 cents

Good work :) :hap2:

@47Shailesh

Well this is what raytracing produced with my current light setup. :) I didn't want to change the lights for specific views in order to maintain consistency. But you're right about pic. no. 5, it does need better definition to separate the various parts. I'll try messing around with the lights a bit :) Thanks for the suggestion!

Man you are awesome with PS and 3d :) Awesome work but yes as said it looks a bit unfinished :)

Kindly host the preview in some free image hosting site like imageshack.us :)

Though I know a lil of Gimp I think its time for me to start learning blender ):)

@Dark Star

Thanks! Any suggestions you might have to make it look better would be greatly appreciated! :) Sorry about the preview, is there some problem with linking to the dA image?

Pretty good job for a first time effort! :hap2:

Deathdart said:
Sorry about the preview, is there some problem with linking to the dA image?

If dA dont mind hot-linking images, its not an issue.

Usually sites consider it bandwidth stealing, and disallow it.

Very nice, i prefer the Glossy black one though. I actually drove one of these on Bangalore-mysore corridor but it was the silver white one. Awesome car, mind blowing, first time in a sports car and when u accelerate and then break suddenly u can feel the blood rush to your head, was awesome!

Wow, Awesome work man..

Some more PS work will give it final touch.. Images looks so sharp... Try to make them smooth using blur and other effects..

:)

Back