my bed made by switch

rPOk

Adept
Jan 24, 2006
Hi all,
I just shifted to a new place and needed a double bed. Narrowed down to a platform bed as it scores on contemporary looks, with straight lines adding to elegance.
And who else to turn to than our friendly 'carpenter' - Switch :)
The finish is awesome. Its a black open grain finish on a white ash veneer.
No cheap mdf boards used.
Great construction. Bed looks superb.
Only bad thing was - it took 25 days to deliver :mad:

1zohppx.jpg

264nzue.jpg

2vkkk5i.jpg

25jfjav.jpg

35l9que.jpg

fllylz.jpg

[personal] Thx Switch :)...Now please tell me how much i've to pay you...will ya :p[/personal]

superczar

Skilled
Mar 17, 2005
Awesome is the word!
I wish there was a friendly neighborhood carpenter like Switchyboy in Macha land too
But as luck would have it, I get a Saiyan instead :p

thebanik

Skilled
May 23, 2007
wow...nice bed there switch/rpok....have been longing to go to his shop for so long.....need to get a computer table + chair, :)

_pappu_

Skilled
Nov 5, 2007
oo nice bed

i see its bigger than the mattress there...i notice this coz my legs always hang out (>>6ft)

m0h1t

drinks like a fish
Patron
Sep 29, 2007
nice!! good job switch.
although the title did scare me a lil :ashamed:

nfsnfs

Adept
Aug 13, 2007
Good ,switch you have some nice talent , may be you should share it on a new thread . I am also DIY type .

What was the wood you used ,more details on it ,and how to choose it ? fiinishing ? etc .. would like to know .
Whats the cost of the wood ?

BTW how would you access the under the bed , i mean how do you clean under be the bed ? ,is it hollow underside or is has compartements in it ? any pics of those ?

stalker

Skilled
Mar 17, 2005
nfsnfs said:
Good ,switch you have some nice talent , may be you should share it on a new thread . I am also DIY type .

What was the wood you used ,more details on it ,and how to choose it ? fiinishing ? etc .. would like to know .

Whats the cost of the wood ?

BTW how would you access the under the bed , i mean how do you clean under be the bed ? ,is it hollow underside or is has compartements in it ? any pics of those ?

he better have some talent at it :p after all, this is what feeds him and his family :cool2:

ps-no offense there^^

rPOk

Adept
Jan 24, 2006
^^ no space to clean under the bed....its got boxes....but they are ~8-10" high only...to keep the bed of low height....platform beds look best if they are wide and less deep...

I think the wood was boards with a 1inch thick white ash open grain veneer on top of it. Polish is 4 coats of black...

Switch can give more details on all of this.

Bluffmaster

Skilled
Jan 4, 2006
Looks Kwel , what was the total damage ? Can you provide the measurements of the bed ? I am confused on whether the mattress is small or the bed is too big ?

coolraghav

Skilled
Sep 4, 2006
Very simple bed, but good sophisticated look.

I got mine one, low like only of wenge color. I think yours too wenge.

I would suggest put a yellow tube behind the bed which should light the wall so it would give fading look just like coming from lamps but a better and hidden source of light.

I'll click some pictures if you guys are interested in knowing more, of course all customized and home made.

One more thing, it is suggested to use mattresses with height more than of usual mattress.

Mine one costed around 16k for mattresses and looks very good with low level type bed.

-Raghav