My CarPC

ankz

Disciple
Sometime back i took up the project of putting a carpc in my Innova. Here is what it looks like now :

P1010603_small.jpg

P1010630_small.jpg

The PC specs:

Via EPIA EN15000 motherboard/C7 cpu

1 GB DDR Ram

40GB laptop HDD Seagate

Opus mini case with 120W PSU

Opus 90W PSU for peripherals

7" Xenarc TS in a custom dash

ccStick Audi MMI controller

Reverse camera and sensor with video overlay on the screen

SB Audigy 2 NX soundcard

Belkin BT dongle

Belkin 7 port USB hub

HQCTe FM Tuner

USB GPS receiver

Elmscan 5 OBD II scanner

Mini USB KB and Mouse

Slot loading Pioneer DVDR

Linksys USB Wifi adapter

Windows XP nlited

Centrafuse

The Audio Specs :

Audison SRx 5 Amp

ESK 165 components in the front

ECH 165 coaxials in the rear

ES 380 15" sub in a ported box

Will post more pictures if there is interest.

Front mounted USB ports :

P1010607_small.jpg

The Audi MMI controller from an A3:

P1010610_small.jpg

The PC under the front passenger seat:

P1010509_small.jpg

A night view:

P1010621_small.jpg

vij said:
Cool...Whats the cost and why do people actually go for a car PC?

The cost is too high :) but then you cant really put a price on a hobby or interest, you go as far as your pocket and your sanity takes you.

Why did i do this ? Now thats a very difficult question to answer ... because i could. Mainly because my interests lie in gadgets and cars so i united my interests.

But it actually does a fairly decent job of entertainment, communication, navigation ....

cheers.

I'll probably need this kind of setup if I have to start living out of my car :D

But nice elaborate setup ankz... and you make sense when you say you did it because you could :)

hehe, this is ankur from team-bhp

Welcome dude!...

You have done a thoroughly professional install....

I am more than bad at fabrication so I am planning simple mounts!

The most beautifult part of your install however is the LCD dash mount and the center console controller

I don't have that kind of space on the dash in the Corsa so I have to mount it right in front of the gear shaft (too low a viewing angle) or on the dash top (too much unwanted attention and will look kinda out of place)

+ will be using the Touchscreen and a trackball on the cemtre console for controls

superczar said:
hehe, this is ankur from team-bhp
Welcome dude!...

You have done a thoroughly professional install....
I am more than bad at fabrication so I am planning simple mounts!

The most beautifult part of your install however is the LCD dash mount and the center console controller

I don't have that kind of space on the dash in the Corsa so I have to mount it right in front of the gear shaft (too low a viewing angle) or on the dash top (too much unwanted attention and will look kinda out of place)

+ will be using the Touchscreen and a trackball on the cemtre console for controls

Thanks everyone.

Super you wont really know about the fabrication untill you try. Do what i did, dont mess with the actually dash piece, get an extra one and play with that.

Post a picture of the dash and let people give ideas about where to place it.

cheers.

Anish said:
ankz, you've used analog out from the Audigy to the amp ?

Hi Anish,
Thanks. I did most of the fabrication myself :), it was loads of fun.

I am using the speaker out connections and then RCA leads from there to the amp.

cheers.

Damn nice, I too would like to do something like this in my car :eek:hyeah: i.e when I can afford to get myself a car first :rofl: Currently I can afford a Car PC, but cannot afford a car. :p

Back