OC & Modding My Completed Home Made Water Cooling setup ! ( 56k warning ! many pics inside )

amit_talkin

Disciple
I m posting pics of my running home made wc setup. Its working great for last 20 days in my system. I m non gonna make tutorial as for now bcaz I cant find words to give it a start :S. Anyway, so here are the pics , hope u like this ghetto way of water cooling setup :clap:. I m not making tutorial but I can give answers to ur questions if you have any regarding this project :).

I m now planning to make water block for my HD4890, but I want full cover block, so confused abt how to make it! :huh:. Hope I will find a way though ;).

so Here we go...:rofl:

1. The CPU Water Block
DSC01818.JPG

2. Water Block with acrylic mount
DSC01819.JPG

3. Lapped contact surface of the water block
DSC01827.JPG

4. Radiator with 6x120mm - 80 CFM Fans.
DSC01848.JPG

5. Reservoir ( Submersible pump inside, 1200 LPH ).
DSCF0114.jpg

* System Pics below *

DSCF0105.jpg

DSCF0108.JPG

DSCF0109.JPG

DSCF0116.JPG

DSCF0118.JPG

DSCF0120.JPG

DSCF0121.JPG

DSCF0122.JPG

Excellent effort. Congrats man !

Could you post some temps ? With and without load ? Whats the delta like ?

How much drop in temps at idle compared to stock cooler ?

Very nice work m8.

I have also made my own DIY wc kit.
Homemade water cooling Case (DIY VGA Waterblock )
Have a look.

A small suggestion. Try to make your reservoir some small in size and place it inside your case.
Most important thing... you are using submersible pump and water with Automobile coolent. As i can see the concentration of Automoblie coolent is very high, this will result in settling of a oxide (blue in colour) on metal.(copper in your block and worrst on the steel shaft of your submersible pump , which results a pump failer in about period of only one month.)
I have faced such problem. Best ratio of distilled water and automobile coolent is 10- 50ml in 1 liter.
Oxidation is due to galvanic effect, between copper and steel shaft.

Best of luck.
Nice cooling.

Try running without the fans on the radiator. It should be quieter & just a degree or two of difference.

Also what fluid have you used? Water with green dye? Or one of the formal water cooling fluids?

^Distilled water perhaps. He was asking for suggestions in the previous thread.

Like I said before, excellent efforts. Put up some screenies showing the temperatures. And yeah couple of CCFLs to show-off the l33t setup, what say? :p

Impressive mod! How did you manage to use the acrylic sheet as a mount for the water block? I would have thought that the amount of pressure required to ensure proper contact would have caused the acrylic to crack.

Looks like good work. Il never understand watercooling setups... neither the process nor the real point for home users... So much baggage for what?

If you are a pro-overclocker doing reviews it makes some sense... Even highend users can do with air cooling setups... then why so much hassle, extra power-consumption and mess...

vij said:
Looks like good work. Il never understand watercooling setups... neither the process nor the real point for home users... So much baggage for what?

If you are a pro-overclocker doing reviews it makes some sense... Even highend users can do with air cooling setups... then why so much hassle, extra power-consumption and mess...

Less dust/ noise for more cooling. Higher OCs@lower temps. Bling-bling. Did I mention it's different ;) ?

Edit: @amit_talking, forgot to mention, that's a monster of a rad :O ! Try measuring temps with and without fans. I suspect there won't be much of a difference with the giant rad+ high volume of coolant.

Excellent work.
looking at ur setup, it no way looks Gettho.

vij said:

There are some desires you have, to fulfill those desire's is most pleasing.:)

Back