CPU/Mobo My config, please comment :)

memnom

Adept
Nov 21, 2006
Hello guys

Am selling my P4 system for a total of 12.5 K and getting a new system after time immemorial. here is the config after considering some of our gurus personally.

CPU - Q6600 G0 ~ 9.9k,from my dealer

Mobo - Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L ~~ 5.5 k, from KMD

RAM - Mushkin 2x1GB 4-4-4-12 ~~ 2.75k from KMD

PSU - Corsair 620HX ~~ 6.3 K from Rahul

Monitor - Dell Sp2208 ~~ 15.8k from Dingemini

Cabinet - CM 690 ~~ 4k from another dealer

Speaker - Altec Lansing VS3251 ~~ 3.9k from my dealer

Mouse - MX518 ~~ 1.2k from Amarbir

Keyboard - Samsung Pleomax ~~.5k from another dealer

Mouse Pad - Steel Series Qck ~~.6k from another dealer

Cooling - TRUE + CM Fan ~~ 3k from KMD

DVD Writer - LiteOn/Sony (wichevr Ct sugsts) ~ 1.5k, from my dealer

UPS - 800VA Microtek ~ 3k form my dealer

HDD - Seagate 500GB ~ 4.x k from another dealer
this is it guys .
The reason for the GB mobo is that first i chose Abit-IP35E but after seeing the USB problems (no widespread) im a bit skeptical, besides the GB has All solid capacitors and very nice OC features (in Xbitlabs Review and some other sites)

I know u would've found the GFX missing , yes im postponing the GFX for some time, i really wanna see the perf of 9900gt and 4870 before making a decision, also im having my exams now so dont want to be tempted.

U guys are more than welcome to criticize, praise , make changes wherever possible , cuz this system should hold me for an another coupla years more.

please be my guest in posting your comments, every single one is welcomed

Arun.P

Warning: Do Not Trade
Skilled
Jul 24, 2007
no need Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L my board is dead

due you cpu pin lga 775 is damage and service rma is woes and suck

any way dfi lan party p35 or biostart p35 for 4k at chennai is best board at you budget

btw i own the board but boot speed is slower it boot the hard disk slow even os slower ;)

some board can boot faster due new bug fix ;)

for q6600 is slacr step get it no problem

if b3 step but it is only for stock speed stock core and much heat

gamepagol

Adept
Nov 19, 2007
on overclocking perspective GB P35 is one of the best along with Abit/Asus/DFI... dont know particularly about DS3L though but i hope u can enjoy it with your Q6600 SLACR :hap2: ...

abbY

Skilled
Dec 28, 2006
I recommend swapping the Altec Lansing VS3251 for the MX-5021 for about 1.5k more.

I advice you to wait for the 45nm equivalent (read replacement) for the Q6600..they will overclock better and will run cooler too.

memnom

Adept
Nov 21, 2006
thanks for all of ur input guys :) as far as the ram goes not going for 4gb cuz of the budget constraints :)

me no music bluff so VS is fine , but im looking at the Z2300 too. :)

Man APC have a lot of problems, but im getting a HP (wit usb monitoring) for 3250 odd, 600va i think. so that wont be a problem. :)

please add more comments of what u deem appropriate :)

_pappu_

Skilled
Nov 5, 2007
if you are waiting it out for the 9900 series, you have enuf dollas to spend on 4gb ram :)

ask kmd to get 4gb ram from the egg...its really cheap right now

4 gb for around 4.5k will be too good to refuse

^^seriously consider the link that udit posted (i posted it in another thread i remember....its in top sellers :p )

the true coupled with a CM 120mm fan is a good choice....i just got that fan for 300bux from nehru place and it roxx :)

and i think low end 5.1 speakers are a waste as you most probably wont place them correctly and they wont sound good with music....imo a good 2.1 system or a good set of headphones is a more logical choice

EDIT:: udit posted expensive ram :p

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

^^4gigs of ddr2-1000mhz at 90dollas

awesome for the price

Powderburn

Disciple
Apr 30, 2008
:) Im new here... so plz be kind to me :eek:hyeah: .... Found myself in this forum searching for any kind of resources on comp harware in india... im from chennai.... i have a few doubts ...

1. i see a lot of links to newegg ... is it possible to buy it there and get it to india by post .. what about customs ,duties etc

2. i see a lot of - getting it from "kmd".. who and where is he ...

3.if it is possible to get it from newegg or such ... what abt service and guaranty... do companies like xfx and evga honour their warranty /guaranty for products bought in the US , in india.

i have friends in the us who can get things for me .. but have never got any computer parts till now.. so am afraid they will get held up at customs ...or that i will have to pay heavy duty..

any information, advice will be appreciated .. thank u ..

Powderburn

Disciple
Apr 30, 2008
thank u for the link stellarhopper .

also ..can anyone give me any pointers about getting the things posted by someone in US through USPS directly to me.... thank u.

memnom nice config btw .. am thinking of getting a rig almost exactly of the same components ... though am leaning towards a sli mobo .. for future upgrade to get a little more life out of the system.. sli would be really nice if not for all the problems with the nforce chips...

some suggestions....

1.do u really need a 4 k cabby for ur system... a 1.5 to 2 k would serve u as well ...

2. rather than going for a single 4k hd ..methinks 2 hds,1 for the os and 1 for storage would be better ...

memnom

Adept
Nov 21, 2006
@Pappu, will consider it man.

@Powderburn, thanks man, getting stuff from us is easy , my dad is in customs :), but if something goes wrong KMD can RMA it, but if u do it urself it may take more time and effort. so better go with KMD :)

Powderburn

Disciple
Apr 30, 2008
yeah valid point about rma ... guess ill go with kmd if i need anything from there .. thanks for the response memnom..