PC Peripherals my config, require advice - part deux

aElien

Disciple
Im in Kochi. got some hardware, hitachi 250gb sata2 and a few other things, need advice about other stuff.

1) which tft - Viewsonic VA712(10.7k) or Samsung 740N(11.7k) ??

2) which motherboard
ASUS A8N VM
ASUS A8N VM CSM
MSI K8NGM2 FID

ive heard CSM is giving problems. infact both CSM and MSI give problems CSM being more worse of the two. MSI and CSm have the same features like gigabit lan, firewire, nvidia 6150, tv out. so what should i buy? or should i just go for ASUS vm ?

ill prolly get 3000+

3) hows Logitech X-530 5.1 speakers ?? im getting them here for 5.6k ? worth the money?

4) what should be a fair price for Transcend 1gb DDR400 UCCC chips ?

5) Which box pack dvd writer - Sony DRU820A or LG H10N ?

6) how the iBall laser precise mouse? build quality?(rs 750)
should i go for a simple optical from MS or logitech ?
hows Logitech g1 ??

im not much into gaming i only play CS occasionally.
the above mentioned stuff fall within my budget so if you do suggest some alternative, its cost should be close... you know.

your suggestions !?

hey there man

I think the MSI K8NGM2-FID is a good board and its even overclockable. Here is the resource u need to know everything about that board.

K8NGM2-FID resource

I don't think u should go for the a8n-vm, because I've seen the bios on that board. not enough tweaking options...

as for DVD writer, I'd say go for Sony or get Liteon, as Sony is just a rebranded Liteon and costing extra.

I've used the iBall Laser mouse. It is a bit too sensitive, but its ok if u can bear with the fact that it tracks even 1 cm above the surface. Get used to it if u buy that. The extra buttons will come in handy too compared to the standard logitech / MS mice. This mouse hasn't wheelied a single time I used it.

Logitech G1 is expensive for its features.

your choice of AMD is kinda ok, but if u dont care about power consumption, then why dont u try the Pentium D805 with a Radeon Xpress 200 chipset motherboard like the Asus P5RD1-VM ?

With that board and some extra fans, u can get the Pentium D805 to a safe 3 or 3.2 Ghz and get real good performance.

geekdom said:
Amd 64 3000> D 805 AFAIK

Get Asus A8N E instead

Get MX 518 or Microsoft Comfort 3000

AFAIK, D805 > 3000+ if u do multitasking. He already said he is not much into gaming.

MX518 costs above 2k. If he's got the budget, then fine.

Same goes for the choice of motherboard. If he can't afford a graphics card (or can he?) , then how can he afford the A8N-E ?

regarding the choice between the viewsonic and samsung...

From the power bills perspective, viewsonic consumes 60 watts while samsung consumes only 34 Watts.

Viewsonic is 380 cd/m2 while samsugn is only 300.

I'd go for the viewsonic. Check the guarantee terms though. Hope u get a zero dead pixel guarantee.

i cant afford a graphics card.
and i might do some mind tweaking, but nothing extreme, can compromise. Only hesitation i have is because the reviews ive read on newegg anandtech tends to show that the ASUS CSM and MSI board both have trouble with display. but MSI being better of the two. So should i fix on MSI K8NGM2 FID ?

Are we talking about the same Viewsonic model VA712 ? why is it 1k cheaper than 740N ?

hummm, i guess ill have to try the iBall mouse first.

for 740n they are saying <5 dead pixels thell replace.

There could be a reason why the Viewsonic model is cheap. People think that Viewsonic is expensive and don't buy it, so if a deal has stock of it, they have to reduce price to sell it.

Or it can be other way around. Sometimes dealers increase price of viewsonic saying its a better company.

I would go for the K8NGM2-FID and overclock it too. I dont understand what u mean by "mind tweaking" :p

as i said before, if u care about your electricity bills, get the samsung. if u want more brightness, go for viewsonic.

uh i ment mild tweaking, thoda moda tweaking you know. ill go for the MSI board. thanks biosbhai and geekdom. its not avbl in kochi presently tho :mad:

Now my head is spinning.
just as i was about to seal my deal on the 740N(11.3k) i was shown the Sony SDM E-76D(12.6k) 17 incher. and i liked it. but decided against buying it in a hurry. Its got DVI, 740N is only analog. but i cant find anything on the internet about E76D, no reviews nothing
Official site
Sony europe
160291114212030530142291918394495756674.jpg
SDME76DM_im.jpg

740N
600:1 contrast ratio
3.4kg
only VGA
Height X Width X Depth - 37.9cm 36.6cm 20cm

E76D
500:1 contrast ratio (on many sites like cnet etc it showing as 600:1, but i remember seeing on the box 500:1)
4.5kg
VGA and DVI
Height X Width X Depth - 40.3cm 38.2cm 19.3cm

what should i do !?

ps: while googling for the sony tft SDM-E76D , SDME76D etc diff combinations yeild diff results

based on contrast ratio, i'd go for samsung. Sony items are usually overpriced and with less features. The brand name is what attracts people....

Back