My decent new TV

djmykey

Skilled
Well I was discussin with the Pune TE'ites for quite sometime about LCD TV's and most of them told me that go for a 40 incher and not a 32 incher coz the real estate falls short.

Well I went to Croma and checked diff TV models. I had decided to buy the Samsung Series 6 LCD TV after seeing that the quality of the Sony Bravia and Sammy Series 6 was same and there was a difference if 5k (this was a month ago).

But now when I checked the models & the rates; the Sammy and the Sony were almost same with a diff of 500 buxx. I thought why not buy a Sony with the BE3 engine rather than the Sammy. So without any further adieu here are the pics..

It's a NX5 | 40. The monolithic design one whose ad comes on the TV
It costs 65k all inclusive and dad paid an additional 2.7k for 2 yrs extra care.

Well all I can say now is my table and the 690 looks puny in front if this humongous display. And 720P never looked so gorgeous.

Watching Legend of the Seeker on this is :thumb: :cool2: :hap2:

Uh oh!

I hope you are not planning to use it as your desktop monitor.

BE3 TVs do not allow you to use HDMI signal as PC input. It treats it as a video signal causing fuzzy text and it does not map 1:1 with the set resolution ( this is biggest problem with all current Sony LCD TVs :( )

VGA will work but wont be as good as HDMI would have been. I just hope you knew about this prior to your purchase as I dont see monitor there.

I'm enjoying all the 720 and 1080P videos off the display. It just feels like sitting in a theater. Well to complete that I'm gonna go scouting for a couch and a small table now.

@Shripad: No offense mate; you are a very old member and I would not like at all to get into a tiff with ya. For me ignorance is a bliss and right now I'm enjoying the display.

Well let me get something else playing. I could not send these pics to my office mates coz it wasn't decent enough :mad:

No offence taken. But its a fact.

Myself and Udit both have burnt our hands with BE3 TVs because of this 1 flaw in this television after buying it. I ended up selling it at a loss of 5k.

All Sony LCDs upto BE2 worked just fine, then sony decided they dont care if people use their TVs as monitors anymore and made this critical change :(

Otherwise the TV is great for videos and movies. you wont notice any issue playing videos and movies even through PC. Its desktop use (browser, text, basically any 2D desktop work )

This is the reason I stopped recommending BE3 TVs to everyone for desktop use. You can reconfirm this. its 1 line print in manual which I overlooked before buying, but its there.

Ignorance is bliss, but its a lof of strain on eyes if you plan to keep using it as a primary display for PC. I just thought you should know. And mainly for reference for anyone else thinking of buying any BE3 (not only this model but any god damn BE3 TV ) for PC desktop use.

congrats on the purchase..

on a similar topic..

a cousin of mine was out buying an LCD TV last week..

ended up buying LG 47LH50 for 60k

47" wide, FullHD, 200MHz refresh Rate and IPS Panel it is.

although LH50 is an old series.. i did like the display.

Yes yes, we can have a party... if all the royal highness of Pune decide to show-up, and me now too poor to give party so maybe a Pepsi party :bleh:

BTW Shripad, I hardly get any time to read / surf the net at home. Mostly I use my PC at home to watch TV series and movies (there goes the whole gaming rig plan). As far as the text reading problem goes I haven't faced any issue which you mention so I guess I'm just too ignorant :bleh:

BTW because of my 8800 GT I'm on VGA :)

congrats beech.. dunno how i missed this thread.. >.<

neway.. 'll drop @ur home soon.. in comin september that is.. :p

Back