PC Peripherals My Dell U2410 wont power on :-(..Any help?

surya_neo

Disciple
Guys,

My dell u2410 is not powering on at all..I thought it was a loose cable and tried fixing it..even then the power button wont light up..then I thought power cable is faulty and tried with another one(power cable of my power supply)..even then it wont light up at all..in between it lit once and then nothing at all...

So I want your suggestions..anything to try out before calling Dell Help desk..

I have absolutely no RMA experience..I am in Hyderabad...If I have to RMA my monitor..what is the procedure to follow..how long would it take..

P.S: what's this service tag...? I have a 6 digit alpha numeric printed with bold letters on my package...is that the one?

@Gannu.

Thanks Gannu..Somehow it started working..but again same problem occured today morning..So do you still suggest me to go for RMA...and I dont have anything on the back of my monitor...all I have is PPID... starts with DP/N....

i dont think this monitor have service tag. at least mine dont have. you need the purchase order number to get it rma'd . any way try calling ccare and check if it is possible to rma using serial numberr.

btw, if the only probelm is power light not working (monitor is working) dont rma, it is a known problem of U2410 atleast for earlier revisions.

@luster

I dont have an order number as I bought it from ebay and I just have the 20 char long PPID that starts with CN-xxxxx-...

I would not have thought of RMAing because as of now I am not able to figure out how to get it turned on or keep in standby mode...yesterday when it powered on..I left in standby mode and left it like that the whole night..and today when there was a power cut,it did not turn on after the power came back..I could not understand why it turned itself off when I left it in standby mode..does that mean..standby mode works only when it is always powered on..

I have seen in youtube that the previous model u2407 was having similar problems and it was because of cheap plastic buttons..

If I could figure out somehow to keep it in standby mode even when there is no power..I will the drop the idea of RMAing..

@Gannu...I tried connecting into different sockets and changed the power cable as well..came to a conclusion that its a broken power button...decided not to touch it again...lets c how long I could carry on with this..

Why the fuss? Get it replaced right away. Dell will send you the replacement first and then collect the defective panel from you later. Give it a shot.

is your AC adapter plugged in when you try and power on your laptop??? this sometimes happens due to a very measly reason of the battery draining out.. so if your laptop is not plugged in, do it and then try, and see if the problem persists without the laptop getting AC power..

Back