My dream has come true.......

actually most pdas like palm devices(including those from sony), ipaqs, axims, pocketloox etc already do this very very well. They have support for all picture formats, and videos also. mp3. ogg, ac3 etc also. Plus they do almost anything a normal office computer does.

SO whats the advantage about this? is it the simplicity? or something else?

edit:
actually i just noticed that its got a bigger screen, and it seems to have some paper type look to the screen.

probably very nice for ebooks!!

damn if it comes within 10k ill drop lappy plan...i need such reader desperately(i have many ebooks)........psp fails for me......

If it will only be used to read books then I guess even the 10k price is a little high ,But If it comes under 6k Then i will surely Buy it !

That's too expensive for just an e-book reader. Heck, people will mostly buy it to read their 'download' e-books, they're better off buying the orginial paper instead.

I don't think ebook readers are going to take off for quite some time. At least not until a new revolutionary form of power is unveiled (read: fuel cells, but count another 4-5 years for that).

Why? Books don't need power to be read, they can be tossed around, drenched in water, bent, and folded. And I don't see ebook readers going in that direction yet.

edit: Oh and I completely forgot to mention screensize. A standard book unfolded is about 8 inches by 11 inches. Compare this to the dismal 2½ LCD screens on their electronic counterparts.

The only advantage that a prospective ebook reader serves is that fact that you can shove in a million ebooks into it. Who cares! It isn't as if you're going to read a million ebooks all at once!

:p I think its batteries will last for a few hours at the very least.

And do you do that with your books??? :O I'm never lending you any of my books then!

The screen size is enough to show one whole page at a time. Do YOU read both pages at the same time?? :tongue:

The only disadvantages are the price, and any crazy DRM they might shove in.

Back