my electric cycle

jammy420

Adept
Ampere electric cycle. Ampere stopped the model now. got it through OLX. picked up from Palakkad , Kerala.

Light used. seller gave a new battery

speed 25 km/hr on battery.
If you pedal alongside , you will get 40 Km/hr.

I prefer Electric cycles over two wheelers. it will always be usable by changing parts. Cant say the same with electric scooters / bikes . moreover, you can still use it as a cycle if you are not changing motor / battery after a while

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-11-03 at 6.50.48 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-11-03 at 6.50.48 PM.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 215
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-11-10 at 4.54.51 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-11-10 at 4.54.51 PM.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 216
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-11-10 at 4.56.37 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-11-10 at 4.56.37 PM.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 213
How much does it weigh(whole bike and just battery)? Can it be carried a few floors easily?

Is the battery removable/swappable? Can it be charged removed from bike? How much range are you getting?

Thanks!

Congratulations on your purchase @jammy420! I too am interested in knowing what @D C asked. I have gone electric too. Have a bike (Ather) and a bicycle (custom built with wheel hub). Would love to know more.

How much does it weigh(whole bike and just battery)? Can it be carried a few floors easily?

Is the battery removable/swappable? Can it be charged removed from bike? How much range are you getting?

Thanks!
Battery is removable and swappable. Yes you can remove and charge it. Yet to empty my first charge. So not sure of the range.

I don't think you can carry the entire setup. But if you remove battery it may be carried. And presently the seller has given lead acid battery. So it is a bit heavier than lithium ion . However if you remove battery you can manage to carry. But I don't know if you would want to do it everyday. It should weigh around 45 kgs.

While searching for this, I got in touch with a guy who has took a dealership with ampere. Ampere sells escooters on exchanging this cycles to customers. This guy buys ampere cycles from them , makes necessary repairs , adds a new battery and sells. 23-24k. I didn't buy from him, as I got a light used single use vehicle from my seller

There are multiple electric cycle options available. Ideally I would have got Essel energy get7 model. Liked that. But I had limited budget for this purpose.

Would suggest a few brands to check :
Essel energy models
Virtus motors
Motovolt
Ttdesigns, dindigul

I have not personally checked these but based on reviews essel energy had good reviews from users.

Ttdesigns support was good and their design is trendy
Congratulations on your purchase @jammy420! I too am interested in knowing what @D C asked. I have gone electric too. Have a bike (Ather) and a bicycle (custom built with wheel hub). Would love to know more.
Tomorrow I will weigh the battery and update. I don't have means to weigh the cycle . But can weigh the battery.

Last edited:
Back