My experience with TLG Gaming and MSI India - RTX 3070 RGB Issue and Replacement

It's mostly the bitter experiences which get posted online but this one has a happy ending.
After being forced for an upgrade a few months back after my old motherboard died, I was still holding on to my GTX 970 playing the waiting game. Last month I found a decent deal for MSI RTX 3070 Gaming Z Trio on TLG Gaming and decided I'll pull the trigger. When the card reached it was packed perfectly, but I had this weird bad feeling for some reason maybe because a lot things were going wrong IRL. So I plugged in the card, I managed to get the display, I was checking stuff one by one and noticed the front RGB (The one by the fans) is not lighting up at all. 2x RGB gone means around 20-40 FPS drop, well jokes aside this was not really a major issue but I paid my hard earned money on this product and I paid a lot for it, this is a brand new product which is right out of box and it is supposed to work fine but it isn't. I tried all I could from my side, as I have an Asus board I even suspected that it could be a conflict but the rest of the RGB(side) on the card was working fine, also on MSI center it shows as if the front RGB is working but in reality it isn't.

This was an issue I could let slide, I don't have the card facing sideways on my setup now, but who knows maybe I'll do just that when I change my case later. This could also be an issue if I ever decide to let go of the card to someone else someday. This totally killed all the hype of getting the brand new card. So I reached out to TLG Gaming with this issue. I had recorded my unboxing so shared the video along with pictures and videos of the issue. They were quick to respond and had asked if it would be possible to check it at the MSI Service (F1) but unfortunately the closest one was quite far away and I was not in a position to travel. They understood this and they reached out directly to MSI India regarding this. I didn't really want an RMA and get a repaired unit for something like this, but TLG told me that I am eligible for a replacement as this is an issue out of box and since it is reported within 7 days I should be able to get the replacement(fresh unit).

The TLG Team looped me the MSI India team, shared them the details. TLG Team kept following this up and the very next day MSI had asked me to do some basic checks, and since that looked ok they asked me to send the card to them(Acro) for inspection. TLG bore most of the shipping expense for this. After some days the card reached MSI, they confirmed the card in fact has an issue and will process a return to me. I was asked to wait for further updates. After a couple of days I checked with them again and I was informed they would get back to me. As someone working in a corporate I understood processes can be lengthy, but I had to wait for close to 10 days after this, which made me a bit impatient and worried. I dropped another mail to MSI, Rakesh(Area manager) was quick to respond, he checked with his team and they sent me a replacement certificate, but this didn't help me much. I mean as a consumer what should I do with it, I sent them a mail again asking if there is any action I should take from my end to which I didn't get back any response. I reached out to Kartik from TLG Gaming again regarding this, he came in clutch and checked with Rakesh and someone in Acro directly and got the information that the card was in fact shipped 5 days back! This was a bit of an OOF from the MSI India side though, they should at least inform me that they had shipped it back, even after I had asked them they didn't properly let me know of this to me. Kartik had also manged to get the shipping id for me. The card reached me like 4 days after this.(The local Bluedart had some issue too, my time is just great). Anyway finally I manged to get the replacement kinda within a month of receiving the original card, and this one has its lights working!
For the last few days I had been checking the card left to right and top to bottom, not only that the RGB works fine but I'm able to get a slightly better 3D Mark score than the card I had originally received. Maybe hey, RGB does mean more FPS after all!

A BIG thanks to Kartik and the TLG Ahmadabad Team, they really had my back the whole time. Kartik was super approachable and was very professional. Also, regards to Rakesh and MSI India Team. Getting the replacement was the most important part and that did happen.

TLDR; Received a MSI RTX 3070 Gaming Z Trio from TLG Gaming with faulty front RGB, they helped me get in touch with MSI India and got me a replacement unit. Always record your unboxing even if the packaging looks perfect since you could still get a faulty product, it will help you a lot with your return/replacement claims.

Back