My first android device ! ANy suggestions ?

karthikus

Disciple
Hi friendz ! After completing a successful mission of getting a mobile for my GF, i am here again collecting suggestions for me buying my first android device. Here are the list of possible options in the price range of 12k

1. Samsung Galaxy 3
2. LG Optimus One
3. MOto Quench

I know this has been discussed several times already. But even after browsing through those threads, i cannot come to a conclusion. So Galaxy 3 and Optimus one please share their PROS and CONS ! My requirements

1. Good responsive Touch Screen
2 3 rd Party APPS SUpport
3. Great Audio quality
4. Good Camera

And can any one share their experience with LG service .. Which in my opinion is the biggest hurdle for me in choosing LG ! Thanks Guyz !

Optimus one has better screen resolution than that of Galaxy 3

Optimus had 512 mb Ram while galaxy 3 has just 256 mb

Optimus one has HSDPA upto 7.2 Mbps but galaxy 3 has HSDPA 3.6 Mbps

The best part is that optimus one P500 comes with android 2.2

So overall optimus one P500 is better

And I won't recommend Moto Quench because it is just rebreanded version of Spice Mi-300

Get the Optimus 1 only if u can live with the fact of owning a cellphone from LG......!!! Frankly, I cannot use a LG phone even if it is the last cellphonemaker remaining on the planet.

Else, opt for the Galaxy 3. Moto Quench is the next best option.

My preferences: Samsung Galaxy 3, Motorola Quench. :p

Yep, the LG won't make it in my preferences. I might be prejudiced but that's my opinion. :p

If you consider an used Galaxy 5 - I have one - 3 month old - absolutely great condition at mouth watering price. PM me if interested.

nehaladsul said:
Get the Optimus 1 only if u can live with the fact of owning a cellphone from LG......!!! Frankly, I cannot use a LG phone even if it is the last cellphonemaker remaining on the planet.

Else, opt for the Galaxy 3. Moto Quench is the next best option.

My preferences: Samsung Galaxy 3, Motorola Quench. :p

Yep, the LG won't make it in my preferences. I might be prejudiced but that's my opinion. :p
Haha, didn't have a good experience with LG? Any details? I'm about to buy an Optimus 1 too.

Also, to OP: Get an Optimus One, as far as I am concerned, it's excellent.

Or, import a ZTE Blade, if you can live without warranty and with a phone which is branded Orange San Francisco (seriously ridiculous name).

The Blade has a 3.5 inch screen, opposed to 3.2 on the LG.

Blade has a much better res, WVGA as opposed to HVGA on the LG. The best part, the Blade is for just 9k, shipped. And the better part, the ZTE Blade=Orance San Francisco (UK)=Dell XCD35, which is being sold for 16k in India.

But the issue s i cannot line without warranty :)

So why no LG ? Is the build quality bad ? or the service is bad?

What abt Samsung Galaxy 3 ? Any issues with that phone ? I saw a video of it in the youtube and it was awesum !

as far as zte blade goes, camera is one thing that is defintely below average.

mp3 playback, which is not bad, might feel a bit low volume to some people

karthikus said:
But the issue s i cannot line without warranty :)

So why no LG ? Is the build quality bad ? or the service is bad?

What abt Samsung Galaxy 3 ? Any issues with that phone ? I saw a video of it in the youtube and it was awesum !
Yup same here cannot do without warranty. That's why I'm not getting the Blade.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

bitsandpieces said:
as far as zte blade goes, camera is one thing that is defintely below average.

mp3 playback, which is not bad, might feel a bit low volume to some people
Don't care about the cam.

You mean MP3 playback through the supplied headphones? Or through the speaker? Or even with other headphones?

Back