My first android phone....pls advise.

harley02

Disciple
Hi Guys,

I want to buy a new android phone. Currently, i am using Nokia 5800. Budget is around 22-25k (max) which one do you suggest? i guess my options are HTC Desire, Desire Z, Samsung Galaxy S etc. I am getting a new Samsung Galaxy Vibrant (T Mobile) at 22k unlocked (grey market) I have read a lot of positive review about the vibrant and it also has Froyo 2.2 update. Should i go head with it? or is there any new launch schedule in next 2-3 months? If there is any then i am ready to wait.....your suggestions are welcome. Thanks...

Regards,
Harley

For 18k you have Motorola defy i.e if you are ok with rooting to upgrade the phone performance
A better out of the box option would be samsung galaxy SL i9003 for 19.5k
check the link for pre ordering it

http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/i9003-galaxy-sl-for-preorder-185038.html

it would be an excellent phone with a better screen and better multimedia capabilities
Also the vibrant and this galaxy S are almost the same for a cheaper price
if battery life is not a problem for you then your next option would be HTC Desire HD for 25k

samsung is supposed to score over the HTC models in terms of multimedia capabilities(saying that based on user reviews)

ethanhunt123 said:
Why not HTC Desire. You can get it around 21k and the Sense UI is far superior than Samsung Touch Wiz.
Adreno 200 isnt great and also the Samsung's music quality(SQ) is superior whereas HTC's suck at audio quality. Plus the Sammy is 2k cheaper and the Desire doesnt justify its price tag just because it has Sense UI.

@OP.
Wait for the Incredible S launch in India. Its got the MSM8255 and Adreno 205 which is a good GPU. My guess is the pricing would be slightly less than the Desire HD's 26k. Its already launched in the Europe markets and so should hit Indian stores soon.

There is also the SE Neo which has the Same MSM8255 and Adreno 205 and SE's good camera and sound quality and should be here in 3-4 weeks. Preorder price is ~24.9k. So should settle down to 23.5k-24k mid April :) It has Gingerbread too.

Lots of the mobile phones announced in MWC should hit the stores in April-May. So if waiting is an Option then wait for the latest gen handsets to hit the stores before taking the plunge

Even I think better to wait now for few weeks for new phones with MSM8255+Adreno 205+Ginger bread = great VFM

ethanhunt123 said:
Sense UI is far superior than Samsung Touch Wiz.
Completely agree, the only thing keeps me away from Samsung android's is their Touch Wiz UI , which is nothing more than poor imitation of IOS.

Close yr eyes and go for samsung galaxy SL i9003 ,
Non Other phone has such specs in that range,Its 19.5K at ebay..

Following is the SPecs And comparition b/t Galaxy s i9000:
Samsung I9003 Galaxy SL vs. Samsung I9000 Galaxy S - GSMArena.com
But in Indian version u get only 8Gb memory,rest all is same..

And, About the flash..Mobile Phone's Flashes are Pathetic.I say u don't need them..
The Samsung's 5mp Camera is very good..

Here Is the detailed Review of the phone...::
Samsung I9003 Galaxy SL Review

Aakash said:

And, About the flash..Mobile Phone's Flashes are Pathetic.I say u don't need them..

I beg to differ, Mobile Cam flash, no matter how rubbish they are, is extremely useful for taking photos at low light locations. I mostly feel the need to take photos at night or indoors, like when am pubbing or celebrating a birthday etc. During the day most of us are busy with work or classes, it's the night that we have!

Aakash said:

Internal memory is 4GB in indian version..

Back