Budget 51-70k My first Gaming PC Build. Do these things go well together?

Digigear

Disciple
I'm a complete newbie and I'm working on building my first budget Gaming and programming PC and this is what I have come up with:-
  1. CPU - Ryzen R5 5600G
  2. Motherboard - Gigabyte AMD B550 Ultra Durable Motherboard with Pure Digital VRM Solution, PCIe 4.0 x16 Slot, Dul PCIe 4.0/3.0 M.2 Connectors (B550M DS3H AC)
  3. RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600) C16 Desktop Memory – Black
  4. Storage - WD_BLACK 1TB SN750 SE NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 3,600 MB/s - WDS100T1B0E
  5. Power - Thermaltake Litepower RGB 650W 230V SMPS - 650 Watt PSU With Active PFC
  6. Cabinet - ASUS TUF Gaming GT301 Mid-Tower Compact Case
I researched the individual items on my own and compiled this list. So I'm not sure if there is going to be any issue with compatibility or things not going well together (for eg. is the cabinet going to fit everything? And is the motherboard good for this CPU? Is the power supply sufficient? etc)

I'm going to go with the stock cooler for now. I hope that's ok?

And if there are better alternatives for the items I have chosen, even if in terms of value for money, I would like to know that as well.
One more thing is that I want to be able to connect two monitors at once, I suppose this is something I have to figure out with the mother board? Is it possible with this setup? What would I need? What if I want to connect 4 monitors in the future? Because I'm a programmer and I would love that kind of a setup.

Any other suggestions for a newbie would be most welcome!

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm looking for an ATX motherboard for this build the AMD Ryzen 5700G CPU with M.2 support, WiFi, HDMI and Display Port and has good sound output etc.

Not thinking about overclocking at the moment, but will probably do it eventually.

There are way too many options and I don't know which to pic. I want the most VFM but if I can get something really nice that will make it more durable if I up the budget a little, then I'd want to know about it.

Thanks.

You have chosen the most vfm ones with ample of features incl.

Still choose between these two, one has wifi while other without wifi.

Still refer to this link for the cheapest and best ones.

You have chosen the most vfm ones with ample of features incl.

Still choose between these two, one has wifi while other without wifi.

Still refer to this link for the cheapest and best ones.
Both of these are micro-ATX boards. I am looking for ATX. and they don't even have display port. I need all that stuff!

Both of these are micro-ATX boards. I am looking for ATX. and they don't even have display port. I need all that stuff!
You only chose this board here
1641566142432.png

Hence I said its already vfm..rest you can follow this link filtered!

1. CPU - Ryzen R7 5700G - Rs. 27-28k
  2. Motherboard - Asus Rog strix B550-f 17-18k
  3. RAM - Crucial ballistic 3600 c16 8gbx2 or HyperX 3600Mhz 8GB x 2 Rs. 6.5-8k
  4. Storage - WD_BLACK 1TB SN750 SE Rs. 11-12k
  5. Power - Corsair RM650 or Cooler Master MWE Gold 650 V2 80 Plus Gold Certified Rs. 8-9k
  6. Cabinet - ASUS TUF Gaming GT301 Mid-Tower Compact Case (your choice) Rs. 6.5k
Total = 28+18+8+12+9+6.5 = 81.5k or less.
Are you sure you really need 32GB RAM ? or just show off numbers.
still it's 10 k more than budget but I insist to spend more on a good PSU.

You only chose this board here
View attachment 123661

Hence I said its already vfm..rest you can follow this link filtered!
Sorry I had no idea about motherboards when I made that post. I only now learned a few things.

This is what I need:-
  1. ATX form factor
  2. M.2 storage support
  3. WiFi
  4. Display Port + HDMI support for dual display
  5. VRM
  6. AMD support for Ryzen 5700G
What is the cheapest one that I can get with all these features?

5. Power - Corsair RM650 or Cooler Master MWE Gold 650 V2 80 Plus Gold Certified Rs. 8-9k
  6. Cabinet - ASUS TUF Gaming GT301 Mid-Tower Compact Case (your choice) Rs. 6.5k
Whats the value addition of a better PSU?

I wasn't aware it made a huge difference.
Also good call on the Ram better to have faster Ram than more Ram. Thanks!

Last edited:
There was a new year sale going on till 2nd Jan and many people grabbed premium Gigabyte boards at throwaway rates. Anyways wifi mobos arent vfm still these are the best choices.

Whats the value addition of a better PSU?

I wasn't aware it made a huge difference.

Also good call on the Ram better to have faster Ram than more Ram. Thanks!

I am free today so let me revise specifications again.
  1. CPU - Ryzen R7 5700G - Rs. 28.5k
  2. Motherboard - Asus Rog strix B550-f Gaming Wifi II 20k (This is second revision so extra 2k here) Link . This motherboard is very good and checkboxes all motherboard features you need.
  3. RAM - Crucial ballistic 3600 c16 8gbx2 This is out of stock everywhere as of now, so other very good option is - HyperX 3600 , 8GB x 2 . It's equally good and good value at the moment. Rs. 6600 Link . Can also pay rs.600 extra for RGB version if you like and find it somewhere in stock. Yes it's better to get a 3600Mhz ram or higher frequency as you'll be using APU. Gaming on 5700G won't require RAM more than 16GB.
  4. Storage - Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB Rs. 12500 Link . I forgot to tell earlier this Samsung is slightly superior in performance than WD Black SN750. I can tell from personal experience with both of these SSD's and daily usage scenario. This is what I've noticed irrespective of reviewers or youtubers, though I am a WD fanboi.
  5. Power - Corsair RM650 Link Rs.9000, or if budget allows RM750 Link. If you intend to use some high end graphics card later I suggest RM850. If I were to buy for myself I would've taken RM850/RM1000x or atleast RM750. If budget doesn't allows 650W is more than sufficient for your requirements. PSU is like backbone for the system and I've seen people spending so much on other components and neglecting PSU. More than half of the troubles and stability issues can be avoided by using a good PSU. If you've never purchased any PSU above 5k, do spend this time and get this Gold certified modular PSU. Quality speaks for itself and these PSU 's are in 10yrs warranty.
  6. Cabinet - ASUS TUF Gaming GT301 Mid-Tower Compact Case (your choice) Rs. 6.5k. This is fine but when it's about cabinet Asus asks much price for less features. I suggest to look for some other brands. Fractal define 7 compact Rs.12.5k for silent computing but for gaming or more airflow Lian li is better. Something like Lian li lancool mesh ii or they 've got many similar models.
Total now = 28.5 + 20 + 6.6 + 12.5 + 9 + 6.5 = 83.1k including your selected cabinet. It's still 10-12k more than your budged and may be more if you select some other costly cabinet.
Have a nice Weekend! :)

I am free today so let me revise specifications again.
  1. CPU - Ryzen R7 5700G - Rs. 28.5k
  2. Motherboard - Asus Rog strix B550-f Gaming Wifi II 20k (This is second revision so extra 2k here) Link . This motherboard is very good and checkboxes all motherboard features you need.
  3. RAM - Crucial ballistic 3600 c16 8gbx2 This is out of stock everywhere as of now, so other very good option is - HyperX 3600 , 8GB x 2 . It's equally good and good value at the moment. Rs. 6600 Link . Can also pay rs.600 extra for RGB version if you like and find it somewhere in stock. Yes it's better to get a 3600Mhz ram or higher frequency as you'll be using APU. Gaming on 5700G won't require RAM more than 16GB.
  4. Storage - Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB Rs. 12500 Link . I forgot to tell earlier this Samsung is slightly superior in performance than WD Black SN750. I can tell from personal experience with both of these SSD's and daily usage scenario. This is what I've noticed irrespective of reviewers or youtubers, though I am a WD fanboi.
  5. Power - Corsair RM650 Link Rs.9000, or if budget allows RM750 Link. If you intend to use some high end graphics card later I suggest RM850. If I were to buy for myself I would've taken RM850/RM1000x or atleast RM750. If budget doesn't allows 650W is more than sufficient for your requirements. PSU is like backbone for the system and I've seen people spending so much on other components and neglecting PSU. More than half of the troubles and stability issues can be avoided by using a good PSU. If you've never purchased any PSU above 5k, do spend this time and get this Gold certified modular PSU. Quality speaks for itself and these PSU 's are in 10yrs warranty.
  6. Cabinet - ASUS TUF Gaming GT301 Mid-Tower Compact Case (your choice) Rs. 6.5k. This is fine but when it's about cabinet Asus asks much price for less features. I suggest to look for some other brands. Fractal define 7 compact Rs.12.5k for silent computing but for gaming or more airflow Lian li is better. Something like Lian li lancool mesh ii or they 've got many similar models.
Total now = 28.5 + 20 + 6.6 + 12.5 + 9 + 6.5 = 83.1k including your selected cabinet. It's still 10-12k more than your budged and may be more if you select some other costly cabinet.
Have a nice Weekend! :)
Hey I got advice from someone else who was pointing out the flaws in the APU vs the 5800X series. I think it's valid since the limitations of the G series will affect performance when I finally upgrade to discreet GPU, which is the eventual goal.

So I've redesigned the build to this now:-

AMDAMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
Zotac1030GT DDR5 Single Fan
ASUSASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming WiFi 6 (AMD AM4 Socket for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen) ATX Gaming Motherboard
CorsairCorsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4-28800) C18 AMD Optimized Memory – Black
Western DigitalWD_BLACK 1TB SN750 SE NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 3,600 MB/s - WDS100T1B0E
Cooler MasterCooler Master MWE Gold 650 V2 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply - Black
Ant EsportsAnt Esports ICE-511MT Mid Tower Mesh Gaming Cabinet Computer Case

How's this? I think this should be a little more expensive given that we now have a discreet GPU added in, but the performance should be better and I could always resell the GPU when I upgrade it? Makes more sense no?

Hey I got advice from someone else who was pointing out the flaws in the APU vs the 5800X series. I think it's valid since the limitations of the G series will affect performance when I finally upgrade to discreet GPU, which is the eventual goal.

So I've redesigned the build to this now:-

AMDAMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
Zotac1030GT DDR5 Single Fan
ASUSASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming WiFi 6 (AMD AM4 Socket for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen) ATX Gaming Motherboard
CorsairCorsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4-28800) C18 AMD Optimized Memory – Black
Western DigitalWD_BLACK 1TB SN750 SE NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 3,600 MB/s - WDS100T1B0E
Cooler MasterCooler Master MWE Gold 650 V2 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply - Black
Ant EsportsAnt Esports ICE-511MT Mid Tower Mesh Gaming Cabinet Computer Case

How's this? I think this should be a little more expensive given that we now have a discreet GPU added in, but the performance should be better and I could always resell the GPU when I upgrade it? Makes more sense no?
Obviously, 5800x is a better choice if upgrading to discreet GPU,
You can select Samsung 970 evo plus ssd if it's priced similar to WD Sn750. You can add 5k more and also buy SN850 Pcie x4 as you'll be using 5800x now which supports Pcie x4 but it's not worth in my opinion.
RAM is fine I guess you're fond of RGB, as it's a gaming build.
As now you switched to 5800x and discreet GPU I recommend 750W PSU. Corsair RM750 or something similar.
Antec mesh nx410 is also a good option.

Obviously, 5800x is a better choice if upgrading to discreet GPU,
You can select Samsung 970 evo plus ssd if it's priced similar to WD Sn750. You can add 5k more and also buy SN850 Pcie x4 as you'll be using 5800x now which supports Pcie x4 but it's not worth in my opinion.
RAM is fine I guess you're fond of RGB, as it's a gaming build.
As now you switched to 5800x and discreet GPU I recommend 750W PSU. Corsair RM750 or something similar.
Antec mesh nx410 is also a good option.
Haha ok, so I had another change of mind as I was following the recommendation from someone else. So now I think instead of the 5800x I should go with the intel i5 12600k which comes with an iGPU that I can use in the interim, instead of getting a crappy GPU that I will have to resell. So now this is the redefined setup:-

CPUIntelIntel Core i5-12600K Desktop Processor 10 (6P+4E) Cores up to 4.9 GHz Unlocked LGA1700 600 Series Chipset 125W
Mother BoardMSIMSI PRO Z690-A WiFi ProSeries Motherboard (ATX, 12th Gen Intel Core, LGA 1700 Socket, DDR5, PCIe 5, 2.5G LAN, M.2 Slots, Wi-Fi 6E)
MemoryCorsairCorsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4-28800) C18 AMD Optimized Memory – Black
StorageWestern DigitalWD_BLACK 1TB SN750 SE NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 3,600 MB/s - WDS100T1B0E
Power SupplyCooler MasterCooler Master MWE Gold 750 V2 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply - Black, 750w
CabinetAnt EsportsAnt Esports ICE-511MT Mid Tower Mesh Gaming Cabinet Computer Case
CoolerDeep CoolDEEPCOOL Castle 240 EX ARGB Addressable RGB LED CPU Liquid Cooler I AIO

I had to also add in the cooler and I wanted to go with a liquid cooler. This is one that I found. But not sure if there's a better cooling solution.

Haha ok, so I had another change of mind as I was following the recommendation from someone else. So now I think instead of the 5800x I should go with the intel i5 12600k which comes with an iGPU that I can use in the interim, instead of getting a crappy GPU that I will have to resell. So now this is the redefined setup:-

CPUIntelIntel Core i5-12600K Desktop Processor 10 (6P+4E) Cores up to 4.9 GHz Unlocked LGA1700 600 Series Chipset 125W
Mother BoardMSIMSI PRO Z690-A WiFi ProSeries Motherboard (ATX, 12th Gen Intel Core, LGA 1700 Socket, DDR5, PCIe 5, 2.5G LAN, M.2 Slots, Wi-Fi 6E)
MemoryCorsairCorsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4-28800) C18 AMD Optimized Memory – Black
StorageWestern DigitalWD_BLACK 1TB SN750 SE NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 3,600 MB/s - WDS100T1B0E
Power SupplyCooler MasterCooler Master MWE Gold 750 V2 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply - Black, 750w
CabinetAnt EsportsAnt Esports ICE-511MT Mid Tower Mesh Gaming Cabinet Computer Case
CoolerDeep CoolDEEPCOOL Castle 240 EX ARGB Addressable RGB LED CPU Liquid Cooler I AIO

I had to also add in the cooler and I wanted to go with a liquid cooler. This is one that I found. But not sure if there's a better cooling solution.
It's all good to go but strictly No No for a MSI board, look for something else. Very bad QC and service support, recently faced issues and it took almost 3 months, finally I gave up and purchased a aorus master for myself. Ask @nRiTeCh and other guys too.

It's all good to go but strictly No No for a MSI board, look for something else. Very bad QC and service support, recently faced issues and it took almost 3 months, finally I gave up and purchased a aorus master for myself. Ask @nRiTeCh and other guys too.
How about "ASUS Prime Z690-A LGA 1700(Intel 12th) ATX Motherboard (16+1 DrMOS,PCIe 5.0,DDR5,4X M.2, Intel 2.5 Gb LAN,USB 3.2 Gen 2 Front Panel Type-C,Thunderbolt™ 4,Aura Sync RGB Lighting)" ?

Actually can you recommend a specific motherboard?

What's your budget for Intel motherboard ? This Asus prime z690 A is approx. 30k or more.
Planning for latest 12th Gen intel with DDR5 RAM etc. will be a costly affair.

What's your budget for Intel motherboard ? This Asus prime z690 A is approx. 30k or more.
Planning for latest 12th Gen intel with DDR5 RAM etc. will be a costly affair.
The budget is a bit flexible. The more important thing is that it is future proof and I'm not spending more than i need to.

Yes the Asus board is kinda expensive but i like the specs (HDMI + Display port + Wi-Fi + DDR5 + VRM). And i really like their noise cancellation AI because i will be using this machine for video/voice recording. Plus i find Asus reliable. If there is any other board that offers all thid for cheaper I'm happy to go with it. But the future proof feature list is more important. I don't mind paying a higher one time premium for the long-term benefits.

Back