My Gmail got Hacked

sg3707

Adept
Last month I did not belive my friend when he said that some one were using his gmail account.

But today I was shocked when I was asked to register gmail using phone number and an SMS. I saw that a mail was in sent items which was not sent by me. In the mail subject was
Marine Giraud
and body was (No need to click as this is some kind of spam)
Canadian Health&Care Mall - Healthcare Online

When I checked the Login details The IP details are even more shocking.
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7715/gmailr.gif

The IP is from Indonesia...!!!!!!

I have never been to Indonesia neither have I any friends over there. All the systems in which I open Gmail are personal computers or office systems with updated Antivirus(Kaspersky @ home and McAfee@office).

Others also please be aware. I dont know how they have cracked or weather it has somehing to do with the recent google-china debacle but nevertheless change your passwords from time to time.

^^

Happened to a friend of mine too. On the same day gmail/fb/yahoo accounts were hacked. Everything had been changed, mails / sent / received. Images removed from FB. Frankly speaking, we were quite 'scared'.

even my account was hacked last week.

use your password resetting procedure and recover your account asap.

this perhaps due to some backing in to the google security network and stealing of user data.

make sure your password is long, alpha numeric and also carries a special character.

Well it might be a good idea not to link all your accounts to a single email id (and hence be dependent on that).

Also using a slightly less popular mail service may help.

even i lost the mail where i got hack from Russian ip address due to something fishy

the sh1t hacker gave me website to activation the account and i got hack due to change of password and i create new and lost old one due to some issue

My friends 4 yrs old gmail account was revomed no idea why and when asked google they said they have their own reasons lol strange and sad

Please Add your mobile no in google account..

So when ever someone try to change password,You will get sms about it and code to active new password

Use special Character in password

Back