MY GTX 280 Just Arrived :D

Hey guys,

after eagerly waiting during the long weekend my first EVGA GTX 280 SSC, arrived!
Its been barely couple of hours and here are some pics with a few benches, I'll wait for the second one to come and do a review.

Will Soon be brought in use!

The best pic of all! :)

Some Benches on all stock clocks gpu/cpu.

Crysis High @ 1280x1024

Crysis High @ 1680x1050

Crysis V.high @ 1280x1024

Crysis V.high @ 1680x1050

After tweaking the card a little I got to
700/1475/2700 - the core seemed to be locked at 700, I think it should do another 30mhz atleast, I'll have to install riva tuner and see.

3d Mark Vantage Performance - 13587

3d Mark 06 - 20552

@Greenie

He is in California.... It doesnt matter that much there I guess.

Although 2 of these would be overkill IMO...

greenhorn said:
I think you'll have a showoff the next month too..... your power bill :bleh:

Lol in California??? :bleh:

If he's getting 2 of these monstahs, I dont that hardly matters; :D

Thanks a lot guys,

thebanik said:
congratulations on the awesome purchase, what were the damages???? I guess you did a step up?????

Actually I dint my 9800 GTX's still had a couple of days before I could return them, had to pay restocking though. And this card came a little shy of $400 shipped (the cash back comes in 2 months though), thanks to Microsofts Live Cashback, got a 35% off :clap:

Getting my second card tomo, should come to around the same price! :eek:hyeah:

So a GTX 280 SLI for $800 :)

omg GTX 280 for 400 $ nice price noraml price si 550 $ ;)

btw what about u old sli 9800 gtx :rofl: did u sold why can u gift to me

so u are waiting for sli gtx 280 :) might kick some big ass games :eek:hyeah:

well crysis min 17 fps max 35 at very high hmm no bad this is ok

how is fps test at different games

one more question u first need u update 24 or 30 lcd support max resolution 2560x1600 :p can play very high

gtx 280 need only 24-30 lcd not 22 owner :p

Thanks a lot guys, well yea I know 16x10 isn't what I should be playing at, but I'm busted for the time being and will wait for some months before I get a bigger lcd, however I'm hoping that these cards could make me go past 1.5-2yrs and electricity aint cheap but time to play would be limited. So wouldn't hurt too much.

I got 4x120mm + 200mm fan, so its decently cooled, with air con, running the card on vantage never took it past 61c and idle on 40c. I think thats pretty good for this card.

I'll be using as5 on both cards. So that should help in dropping off another 2-5c. But as of now I'm very satisfied with the overclock, I mean 2,7ghz ddr3 is still very surprising to me, the 9800's wouldn't go past 2550. And I could actually take it past 2.7ghz, I just backed off a bit :p

Back