Android My Idea sim stopped working after upgrading to 4G sim

6pack

ex-Mod
Title.
I kept getting messages to upgrade to 4G sim card. So I went to the gallery today. I was told to put in new sim after old sim gets deactivated. I came home and saw old sim got deactivated. So I switched off the phone to put in new sim. Now even new sim shows no network. I put in another phone with 4G (old Pantech burst) and here also it shows no network.
I was looking at Pantech burst specs and seems it only supports 1700/1900 LTE bands whereas Idea is 1800 band.

I had asked the cc if it was compulsory to use 4G phone or not and was told it would work in both 3/4G phones. Now I'm left with two non working sims. :(

Anyone know what to do?

Title.
I kept getting messages to upgrade to 4G sim card. So I went to the gallery today. I was told to put in new sim after old sim gets deactivated. I came home and saw old sim got deactivated. So I switched off the phone to put in new sim. Now even new sim shows no network. I put in another phone with 4G (old Pantech burst) and here also it shows no network.
I was looking at Pantech burst specs and seems it only supports 1700/1900 LTE bands whereas Idea is 1800 band.

I had asked the cc if it was compulsory to use 4G phone or not and was told it would work in both 3/4G phones. Now I'm left with two non working sims. :(

Anyone know what to do?
Quite possible they activated ur number on some other simca Rd wrote different simply #, Check with traditional idea outlet you got simcard from.

This has happened with me once.

Turns out it is an Idea network problem from past 2 days. Phone is still showing Emergency calls only now. Had gone to Idea gallery and lots of people had same problem. Even the cc in Idea gallery had no network in their phone. Idea is even worse than BSNL it seems. Can I port to some other company if sim is showing emergency calls only?

Turns out it is an Idea network problem from past 2 days. Phone is still showing Emergency calls only now. Had gone to Idea gallery and lots of people had same problem. Even the cc in Idea gallery had no network in their phone. Idea is even worse than BSNL it seems. Can I port to some other company if sim is showing emergency calls only?
U cannot as u cannot send the message for porting from that number.

Back