My iPod has hung :(

paranj

Disciple
I have an iPod Nano 3G 4GB. Yesterday I was listening to it and turned it off normally and today morning when I connected it to my PC, it hanged. I am trying to restore it using iTunes but no use :(. Its still hanged. How to restore it.

P.S. :- I know iPod sucks but my dad bought it for me :|.

try pressing the center button and Menu button together for more than 6 seconds.

it should restore automatically.

by the way i too own and ipod nano 3g 4GB ..and IMO it doesnt suck .:p

it's a really innovative piece of technology and is really good when it comes to user interface and ease of use.(other than sticking to tunes-that sux )

yeah i am aware that there a lot better players available in the market from cowon etc. which sound a lot better but overall i guess ipod aint that bad.

anyways thats not your problem .let us know if you are able to restore the ipod.

incase ipods getting detected as a mass storage device in windows .you can just format it .

it should restore the firmware\system files automatically as it is not stored in the main flash memory.

hope it helps.

Thanks. I am trying it. I said it sux because this is the third time it hanged like this and this time I cant even restore it.

paranj said:
Thanks. I am trying it. I said it sux because this is the third time it hanged like this and this time I cant even restore it.

hmmm i see the reason it hangs so often is maybe you are on avery old firmware. try updating the firmware.

latest firmware for ipod nano 3g- 4gb is 1.1.3

you might be knowing this-

you can check your current firmware in itunes after connecting the ipod to the PC.

or else check the version in the about section of ipod settings(in the ipod).

@paranj- Why would you say Ipod sux? Its one of the best damn thing on this planet.. :X

I guess if nothing works out for ya then you will have to take it to service center.

nukeu666 said:
you can try a custom firmware like rockbox also

Please do not use the custom firmware if u r not accustomed with it ,i tried it once and $crewed up my IPOD,lucky that it was in warranty took it to the service center and acted like a noob and got it replaced in 2 days time

metalspree said:
Please do not use the custom firmware if u r not accustomed with it ,i tried it once and $crewed up my IPOD,lucky that it was in warranty took it to the service center and acted like a noob and got it replaced in 2 days time

err... my ipod 3g 8gb has a scratch on d screen...

if i put in d custom firmware and screw it up n act lik a noob wil they replace it too??

(I know it sounds evil..)

Speedz said:
err... my ipod 3g 8gb has a scratch on d screen...

if i put in d custom firmware and screw it up n act lik a noob wil they replace it too??

(I know it sounds evil..)

Cannot Comment here :p .Check ur PM :D

Ecstasy said:
@paranj- Why would you say Ipod sux? Its one of the best damn thing on this planet.. :X

I guess if nothing works out for ya then you will have to take it to service center.

My problem is solved sincle a long time :).

Back