Audio my klipsch died, need new 2.1

Smith

Skilled
So I was out of town on vacation and my friends borrowed my klipsch promedia 2.1 for a little party and basically broke them.

I am looking for a comparable replacement for these awesome speakers since they no longer seem to be available for purchase (new...i do not want used ones)

I am considering the z2300. Are there any other comparable systems out there? ($200 max)

Thanks!

gawd, those creatives suck and the mx5021s arent up to the mark of the klipschs.

If nothing else, I think its best for me to go for a used set from ebay.

Anyone know how the z5500 compares in SQ with the Klipschs? If they are decent, i do not mind going for a 5.1 setup.

What's your primary usage ?? I dont think a Z5500 will satisfy you in term of AQ in music as compared to klipch, MX5021 will be quite close.

Z5500 will serve you better in gaming or almost in movies. But its crap for Music, IMO.

Primary/Only usage is for music from multiple sources.

These were doing perfectly well in a 18x16 bedroom.
So i take it the z5500 arent that suitable for music eh? e-bay time!!

You'll have a very hard time finding a replacement for the Promedia. The Z5500 would not even come close to the Promedia in terms of SQ. For movies though, its a different story.

See if you can hunt for a second hand replacement. The MX5021 seems to be the only closest competitor for the Promedia. Doubt the availability of the MX in the states now.

PS: How old were the Promedia? If the drivers're working fine, you could try doing a repair on the broken down unit. Perhaps the transformer might've gone kaput which's quite normal with 2.1 systems.

JM2C.

Swan M10 too comes close to Promedia, besides a modded MX5021...btw I dunno watz up with this Z5500??!!!....for music u r choosing Z5500 over Promedia??!! can't understand wat kinda audiophile u r...

Gannu said:
You'll have a very hard time finding a replacement for the Promedia. The Z5500 would not even come close to the Promedia in terms of SQ. For movies though, its a different story.

See if you can hunt for a second hand replacement. The MX5021 seems to be the only closest competitor for the Promedia. Doubt the availability of the MX in the states now.

PS: How old were the Promedia? If the drivers're working fine, you could try doing a repair on the broken down unit. Perhaps the transformer might've gone kaput which's quite normal with 2.1 systems.

JM2C.

+1

If it dsnt repair, then AE2 shud be fine for music i guess.

Thanks for the replies. I found a new pair in stock at a Best Buy which is a couple hours from where I live. They are a little overpriced there but I'm gonna pick them up anyway.

@j1n M@tt: yes I chose the z5500 because I like 5 speakers more than two and got my first klipsch accidentally, I found them lying in the garbage bin in the backyard.

Smith said:
Thanks for the replies. I found a new pair in stock at a Best Buy which is a couple hours from where I live. They are a little overpriced there but I'm gonna pick them up anyway.

@j1n M@tt: yes I chose the z5500 because I like 5 speakers more than two and got my first klipsch accidentally, I found them lying in the garbage bin in the backyard.

Mmm wishing for "Garbage Bins" like your backyard's everywhere...

:tongue:

Back