Laptops My Lenovo Ideapad S340 has started showing a thick green border at the bottom and a thin yellow border at the left. Any way to fix this?

Digigear

Disciple
My Lenovo Ideapad with 8th Gen Intel i3 CPU with its integrated HD 620 GPU is now 3 yrs old. Just a couple of days ago it started showing this thick green border at the bottom of the screen - [
I have since tried to update the drivers. First I tried to go to the device manager and tried to update the driver for the HD 620 graphics card. It said the drivers are already the latest. Then I went ahead and uninstalled the device and restarted the computer (as stated in an online tutorial) and then went to Intel's official support site and downloaded the Intel® Graphics – Windows\* DCH Drivers. It installed it and no change.

I'm not sure if this is pertinent but a few days ago I installed a Windows 10 update. I can't recall clearly but this started showing up right about then. I could be wrong about the timing. But that did happen.

But otherwise it does seem to be a hardware issue, considering this also shows in my Ubuntu installation and also even before it boots. I haven't checked from inside the BIOS menu, but I suspect it will be there too.

Please let me know if there is a known solution I could try. Thanks.

If the line persists on the bios menu then it's probably your display or your display connection inside the mobo going kaput try taking it to a local service center
they might be able to clean the contacts and get it to work or something

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm afraid this is indeed a hardware defect. Seems like either the display is going bad or some fault in display PCB. Any repair guy would tell you to replace the display including the PCB (which is a part of it).

Back