My letter to Vodafone customer care

FaH33m said:
I too get these calls every now and then :p. but when I am like ultra bored , I have fun talking to some guy trying to convince me for some mutual investment or take a loan .. At times I say I need 10-12 crores and next moment the person hangs up :rofl: :rofl:.
The other day I made a cute sounding chick explain me about mutual funds investments for 10-12 mins :D.
Best part is when all the friends are together and one of us gets this marketing calls. .It's total chaos and laughter riot .:rofl:

On a serious note, the Do not disturb service of Vodafone does work ,I got it activated on my parents cells and in the last 1-2 months , there has been a single marketing call.The service took ~ 20-30 days to get activate.

One two stuff
1:: First as soon as u get call u say its a business number not residential atleast for landline....There is strit code for business premises i guess...As whenever i say that the person at other end hangs up

2:: If for loan u get any calls say straight u bank wont provide me as i m shifted at Dharavi area......The area is blacklisted as it has highest default rate and the document for securing loan is easily forged

3:: For insurance and investment stuff tell that u are an ambani and u dont talk to chillars tell him for his senior to come up with some 50-100 crore buks plan with detail presentation lcd plan at some BKC office....else u wasting your time chap

4:: Credit cards Tell them straight u on rented property and with the same bank u had 2-3 out of court settlement case will they still be ready to give u the top most card(platinum whtever)..with highest day limit

Now please give some more call details so i can give good reasons for u chaps

And most important thing is dont avoid but try to enjoy calls u will really love to make fool of a person who is kicking your brain(just like the ones of movie Traffic signal......give them rohafza and have fun) :bleh:

Tech.Masti said:
DO NOT DISTURB works after 45 days legally, operators take 45 days time to active it, but sometimes it also not works :x

As he mentioned, it takes maximum 45 days for it to get activated. If you get promotional messages even after that day then you can register a complaint with TRAI and the operator will land up in trouble.

The reason it does not work sometimes is because not all parties refer to this database. Like some small time promoter. Then it is not your operator's fault. However if it is your operator who is sending you these messages then he will be fined. Regulation on NDNC is not very strict in India so far.

@OP - Write a letter to TRAI instead. You will have to prove that you received such promotional call or SMS even after registering for NDNC and 45 days have elapsed since then.

Striker10 said:

I am not sure if that will work. The NDNC registry is meant for avoiding cold calls from parties who have no relationship with you. If you are a customer then it is exempted. Thus for instance, if you are a customer of HDFC and not of ICICI, you can complain about cold calls from the latter but not from the former.

MAGNeT said:
One two stuff
1:: First as soon as u get call u say its a business number not residential atleast for landline....There is strit code for business premises i guess...As whenever i say that the person at other end hangs up

2:: If for loan u get any calls say straight u bank wont provide me as i m shifted at Dharavi area......The area is blacklisted as it has highest default rate and the document for securing loan is easily forged

3:: For insurance and investment stuff tell that u are an ambani and u dont talk to chillars tell him for his senior to come up with some 50-100 crore buks plan with detail presentation lcd plan at some BKC office....else u wasting your time chap

4:: Credit cards Tell them straight u on rented property and with the same bank u had 2-3 out of court settlement case will they still be ready to give u the top most card(platinum whtever)..with highest day limit

Now please give some more call details so i can give good reasons for u chaps

And most important thing is dont avoid but try to enjoy calls u will really love to make fool of a person who is kicking your brain(just like the ones of movie Traffic signal......give them rohafza and have fun) :bleh:

i just say that 'm not interested. they hang up.

6pack said:
i just say that 'm not interested. they hang up.

That seldom works. Most telemarketers are shameless enough to carry on even if you tell them you are not interested. The guy's who hang up on you just after you said you are interested are not fit enough (read shameless enough) to be telemarketer's. :p

astrono_me said:
* Remember the person at the other end is a call-center executive who doesn't care if he works for Company A or B.

That pretty much sums up my own experience with customer care call centers in India. Most call center executives do not care about their company or their customers. They are there to take calls every day and their pay packets every month. Your problems are of no concern to them. Whether you talk to them politely or whether you talk to them rudely does not make iota of a difference towards solving your problem. They are not there to help you (or at least that's how most of them think). Its almost always in one ear and out the other when you have a problem to report.

The only way you get a productive response out of them is to some how put something that is of concern to them on the line, like their job for example.

well for me dnd on idea works good i am not getting single msg or calls its really working on idea and airtel as per my experience

I love marketing calls. It feels so great to do ma-beh at any time of the day. And i dont even have to pay for it. Its a great stress buster. :D

Sorry for OP though. :(

Hey i tried that national do not call ka thing.. Worked for me.. haven't got any call from vodafone for about a year now. :eek:hyeah:

I don't know why DND didn't work for OP, but my life have been bliss for over an year now since I registered on DND list... I still get SMS messages sometimes, but rarely and mostly from BMC info messages.

I think Loop mobile (or former BPL) is compliant to DND list compared to Vodaphone. Anyone on other services using DND list and how's your experience?

Back