Video My LG OLED65B7 Rs 2.6 Lakhs Got Fried: DEAD - HELP Me Please

img_20211011_123950-jpg.116881

i feel for you bro.

Is the screen intact from the TOP when you run your finger over the SPOT ? ?

OR do you feel a groove?

from the photos you have added it looks like physical damage.

Hi OP I don’t think the main question everyone is asking has been answered is why a lot of people seem confused. How did that glass shatter hole come there? Motherboard frying does not shatter the glass unless there is an explosion or something.

In my 2011 model Sony lcd which has a samsung spva panel the lcd trace on the LC(liquid crystal) layer itself shorted and in that process it took out the adjacent traces in the LC. This happened shortly after 440v power surge occurred in 2017.
The picture had black horizontal lines in places where the signal was effected by the shorted traces. I didnt bother calling or give it to service. The black lines where not visible in 8 feet distance. Fast forward in 2020 it got worse with image looking like a double image and more black lines visible.
So i took the frc.cable out from the tacon bord and tapped the signal trace from the tacon board itself. This sort fixed the issue since the signal now goes from the other side of the screen despite having burnt traces on the panels LC layer. The fix is still holding since 1.5 years. Despite increased usage.

So you've replaced the power board - is the TV working now?
Power board replacement was done a long while ago by LG (Global Recall due to overheating issues) and things were working fine until Oct 9th 2021 .... When the Screen Went DEAD.
The Screen Burn-In spot is just 5-7 mm in height and 3-4mm in width and just not noticeable too - until u get close
See attached latest images (TV is Powered Off and Disconnected too)
Image 2 is Zoomed by 10X
Sorry check this 10x Zoomed
What I also fine strande is the *Yellow* ray of light ..... And this is after my TV is Disconnected from main Power supply for over 48 hours!

Attachments

• IMG_20211012_214902__01.jpg
    IMG_20211012_214902__01.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_20211012_214956.jpg
    IMG_20211012_214956.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_20211012_215043__01.jpg
    IMG_20211012_215043__01.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
You should be careful of what image you are posting. The zoomed ones were looking like physical damage.

The warranty is over, courts cannot do anything with that. I had a colleague whose Sony motherboard conked off - ONE day after the warranty expired. He had to pay for the repairs.

Suggest you write to the CEO and request support.

You can get a 40" TV for 25k or even less. For obvious reasons, the PQ won't match the 2.6L OLED Panel. But, entertain, it will too.

Its DEAD
img_20211011_123950-jpg.116881

i feel for you bro.

Is the screen intact from the TOP when you run your finger over the SPOT ? ?

OR do you feel a groove?

from the photos you have added it looks like physical damage.
Right - a raised groove is felt when u run your finger on that spot!

I have NEVER encountered such a problem in over 30 years ... So I am lost and perplexed too.

the best way forward i suggest is to file a complaint and ask for a goodwill gesture from LG. They may give you some discount on the replacement/ repair. if the cost of replacement is not affordable for you, buy some other TV and continue living your life. if you expected a TV to run 10 years or 100000 hours, you should consider buying from croma or reliance digital where they offer extended warranty for a small fee covering this type of defects. but no one gives it for 10 years for TV.

Beyond the goodwill gesture, you cant expect much. There is a reason they give warranty for 3 years and not 10 years.

Sigh No ... the Power Board was officially replaced by LG when they recalled over 60K units globally from July 2020 (as mentioned earlier). After getting daily WARNING messages on my TV Screen (To Replace the Power Board) I also consulted global users for this particular model - LG OLEDB7T-T and proceeded to replace the faulty Powerboard (as LG claimed) this was done on Nov 30th 2020 (see attached image below) and after that, it was Ok till Oct 9th 2021 - WHEN IT JUST WENT DEAD!
Kindly look at this albeit dated report https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1465304750

"When we first started manufacturing OLED TVs in 2013, their lifespan was some 36,000 hours," said Lee Byung-chul, Vice president for LG Electronics to Korea Times and continued; "technological development has extended it to 100,000 hours now. This is equal to 30 years, if a user watches our OLED TV for 10 hours a day."
I had done my research well in 2017 before I decided to invest in the BEST & MOST ADVANCED TV Technology OLED and in pure 4K format with Dolby Atmos etc and also in chosing a 65" Screen as we migrated from an earlier 47" LG LED used for over 7 years.

AM I NOT CHEATED BY LG today from their claims of LIFESPAN of OLED panels and also the past confession of *OVERHEATING* and Should I not get a free Replacement!

The purpose of my posting all this is to WARN potential buyers who venture to BUY the latest of best in High End TV's and with Screen size of 65" and above - YOU ARE TAKING A DEADLY & COSTLY RISK!
DO NOT FALL FOR THE OVER HYPED TECH AND MARKETING GIMMICKS!

Attachments

• IMG_20201130_122048.jpg
    IMG_20201130_122048.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Just my two cents. I am not siding with the manufacturer, but just being a bit practical. There are too many variables that one needs to eliminate. As for the voltage fluctation, I am sure it wasn't the fault of the electricity company, if you're using two phases with a common neutral(which sometimes you won't come to know because the wiring has been done by an electrician, a loose contact in the neutral can cause 440v) i've seen it happen. Now to get back to the topic, I feel your hurt buddy. We are not even in the same ball park when it comes to how much I spent(45k on a TCL iffalkon 55inch uhd) which after two years of operation conked out(the backlight had gone), I got in touch with the company who asked for 15k to replace the backlight. I got it done locally for 6k, then it conked out again(same problem) and then the chips on the board were replace and its been working since. However I have resigned myself to the fact that if it conks out again, I'll throw it out. I did get in touch with the manufacturer and wrote them emails as well. But it was out of warranty and I was kicking myself for not opting for an extended warranty(it would have saved me the heartache later)

Now for the practicality part. New technologies often come with untested(in the real world, not test conditions) components, and in a race with their competitors to get the most of the market share, sometimes(and more often lately) technologies which are often half baked(or in their infancy) are released into the market. Remember the early days of LCD, or LED for that matter of fact. People have always faced these sorts of issues. The manufacturers are in a race of their own, in a effort to stay relevant in the everchanging landscape of technology, they are willing to accept these sorts of issues, and also understand the bad press they will face. As a consumer its probably better to go for tried and tested technology(in the real world), something probably a bit older, rather than the latest and greatest. Because its still relatively untested in the real world, by that I mean the most mundane of things. My LG LED tv conked out because there were some dust bunnies touching the panel, which caused static electricity to short out the MB. Now no one can envisage such things, because you live in the environment you do. So if its longetivity you're looking for, go for something tried and tested(like say people who have purchased similar items near where you live). Manufacturers price the latest items astronomically because its a niche item and it has a USP, as the technology becomes more widespread the rates start to decrease and the margins disappear and then the cycle starts again. I do hope that your issue gets resolved favorably, and you find a solution. My best to you.

I think after the warranty is over, as a consumer, there isn't a lot what we can do unless the company is willing to repair the product, which in your case they're not.

Have you tried filing a complain in the consumer court? I feel that's your only option currently and even that has less chances of working out in your favor. Even then its worth a shot.

Back