MY MECHANICAL KEYBOARD, WITH ORIGINAL CHERRY MX BLUE...

OLDisGOLD

Recruit
20220219_204316.jpg

Attachments

• 20220220_130338.jpg
    20220220_130338.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 189
Yep, it's a TVS gold but somewhat new cuz of the updated windows logo. Thanks to this forum and a fellow member I have one (with original win95/98 logo key) too now and an original Cherry MX black switch HCL keyboard as well. My first mech keyboards.

Did a good thorough cleaning and lubing session on them and they're working top notch.

Man
If TVS fellows manufacture an RGB keyboard or a per key RGB keyboard then it would sell like hot cakes. I am not able to understand why they are doing like these Keyboards.

Two major concerns with backlit mechanical keyboards-
- most keycaps profiles support sound facing LEDs only, and if that's the case then LEDs will always hit u directly in eye if you lean back. I have Varmilo va87M and i have never ever used it with backlit on
- i havent found good quality thick keycaps with proper legends and fonts that have shine though capability. I have seen Razer/steelseries keyboards but these have a gamer look that i dislike

Yep, it's a TVS gold but somewhat new cuz of the updated windows logo. Thanks to this forum and a fellow member I have one (with original win95/98 logo key) too now and an original Cherry MX black switch HCL keyboard as well. My first mech keyboards.

Did a good thorough cleaning and lubing session on them and they're working top notch.
Well, I do not know the year but I checked and all are cherry mx.
Also works perfect like new.
Might sell also...

Man
If TVS fellows manufacture an RGB keyboard or a per key RGB keyboard then it would sell like hot cakes. I am not able to understand why they are doing like these Keyboards.
TVS did make RGB keyboards, their "champ series" but they don't sell that well. The major sales for them were from government banks, railways and a few corporate offices. I don't believe they had much luck with the consumer market other that for the TVS gold.
I had came across their website after watching the keyboard being featured on LTT, the champ RGB was listed on their website and found it on Flipkart for 750/- but wanted a mechanical keyboard so skipped on it.

Have experience with both the keyboards, TVS looked better and felt well built also found out that TVS made 2 versions based on quality one with thicker keycaps and one with regular keycaps.
The HCL diamond was better for typing because of the layout and had easy one click shutdown and sleep, The keycaps were of similar thickness to the TVS's regular but they had some kind of cylindrical corners making them very study and personally better sounding. Only major complaint was that the plastic feet was uneven and the upper left corner used to raise above the surface, nothing a desk mat could not solve.

Back