My modem is disconnected in every 2 minute.

laxmi24

Disciple
I have a great problem.

My Confrigration Is:

HCL EZ001138 Desktop PC.

Small Brifcase cabinet.
250 Waat TFX SMPS.
Intel DG31PR Motherboard.
3 GB of Ram. (1 x 1GB in slot "A", 1 x 2GB in Slot "B".)
320 GB of Hitachi Hard Disk.
6 in 1 internal USB card reader.
No other component is connected.

I use Window 7 ultimate 32 Bit.

I use Micromax MMX 310G Usb 3g modem.

My problem is my modem is automatically disconnected in every 2 to 3 minute when it is connected.
Most of the time it show dial failed. so i connect from window 7 "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center".
My modem device manager is not working. It always says dial failed.

Now when my modem is disconnected windows icon still show it is connected. But my modem light started blinking, which mean it is disconnected.
When it is connected the light is steady on.

Though it is a rare case that my modem is connected from its own device manager, but problem is the same.
Modem disconnecting in within 3 minute but the manager show it is connected.

Then when i trying to disconnect it, that take a long time to disconnect, and the modem will not connect again until i Remove and re-install the Modem again.

My try to resolve the problem.

1) Did a complete Clean boot of window 7.
2) UN-partition and re-partition of Hard Disk.
3) Try another modem of same model (MMX 310G) of my friend.
4) Use this modem in my 2 of friends computer.(They both have the same window 7 installed as we 3 install the window 7 from the same disc, And they do not have any problem with this modem. I mean the connection is perfect in their computer with my modem).
5) update motherboard chip-set driver. No effect.
6) Bios is already updated. No new version relies, i check in owner website.

There is no problem with any pen drive, card reader or with my USB Printer. All work fine except the USB modem.
Although in this modem there is facility to use this modem as a card reader. when i use this function the card can be read and write easily. No Problem.

My PC is purchased on October 2009. No internal hardware is change till today.

My CPU temperature is 39.
and motherboard is 62.

What do you think what is the problem?

Please help me, I have nothing to do any more.

Thanks for reading this large topic.

Thanks for your reply, But i already tried in all of my 6 USB port. 4 in back of motherboard, and 2 in my front panel. but the result is the same. In fact some time in motherboard back panel the modem light get completely off.

But point to be noted that few month before when the issue does not occur, i used to connect this modem in mother board's back side USB, even i do not remove from there for 3 or 4 moth, I do not need to remove the modem, I just used to open my pc and connect the modem from it's device manager, But now i can not understand what happen to my Pc? why It getting disconnected in every 3 or 5 minute? And its device manager show it till connected, but modem light start blinking and when i going to open a web page browser say no internet connection. And it's true than when the modem get disconnected its light start blinking.

I thought it may be a power issue, so try with my friends PSU (450 watt). But no effect,
The issue does not solve.

Can it be a Motherboard Issue? Can it be a RAM issue?

I can't understand, Any idea please share. I just want to get rid of it.

3G connection is still quite unreliable in India, so there is a high chance that the disconnection is happening due some issue with 3G signal at your place.
You can try using a sim from some other 3g provider (Not one which shares 3G signal For e.g. Airtel shares 3G signal with Vodafone @ Kol), you can even try tethering with some 3G enabled phone and see if disconnects even with the phone.

Back