My monitor display resolution is 1366 x 768, Will there be any stutters or lag if i play a game in 1080p. Will the quality decrease in anyway?

BlueFros7

Recruit
My previous monitor broke down and i bought this one for 5k off amazon have been using it for close to three months now. Until now i had intel integrated graphics (Intel HD 2000) but now i am planning on upgrading to Rx 580, just realized my monitor resolution is very low. Its a 1366x768 display, so will there be any problems if i play a game in 1080p in this monitor? will the quality decrease by a lot?, i am used to watching videos of gameplay in 1080p so 720p will feel bad

Not sure if I get the gist of this question. But how will you play the game at 1080p is the maximum resolution is 768p? Does the monitor support doen sampling?

Not sure if I get the gist of this question. But how will you play the game at 1080p is the maximum resolution is 768p? Does the monitor support doen sampling?
You can change the resolution in game settings right?

Or is not an option?

I could change it in nfs MW

Why do you want to play the game at 1080p when you don't have a 1080p display? What benefit do you see from this?

To be clear, a 768p display is physically incapable of displaying higher resolution than 768p. So even if it does work, which I doubt it will, the monitor will anyway downsample it to 768p.

But mostly it will not work. The graphics card will detect the native resolution of the monitor and disallow setting resolution to a higher number.

You can change the resolution in game settings right?

Or is not an option?

I could change it in nfs MW
Again technically you cannot do this as the game will detect your maximum resolution as 768p. The OS provides these details to the game and you won’t even see an option for 1080p. Not sure of how NFS MW showed you 1080p. Quite strange

Why do you want to play the game at 1080p when you don't have a 1080p display? What benefit do you see from this?

To be clear, a 768p display is physically incapable of displaying higher resolution than 768p. So even if it does work, which I doubt it will, the monitor will anyway downsample it to 768p.

But mostly it will not work. The graphics card will detect the native resolution of the monitor and disallow setting resolution to a higher number.
I saw a video gameplay of GTA v on 768p on youtube on it looked very ugly?, So i wanted to see if playing on 1080p was an option.

I do have another monitor that is 900 i guess I'll try that maybe

I would highly suggest upgrading your monitor. Or if you are fine with pixels of your current monitor, then any mid range GPU will have no issues gaming from high to medium (some titles need more VRAM, so what becomes the limiting factor).

Most cheap TVs use "Full HD Ready" or "HD Ready" in their marketing, which means you can send it a 1080p signal, but the output will be blurry and not look great. I mean, of course it wouldn't, most of the pixels are missing lol.

The monitor with 900p can be sharper (depending on the size), so that is worth a try.

I own a 768p 15.6 inch laptop. The image doesn't look too great, but is tolerable. I'm assuming your monitor is larger than 15.6 inch. I didn't experience it but I don't think any monitor above 15.6 inch looks good in 768p.
Also, as others have said you usually cannot change the game resolution above the monitor's native resolution.

With Nvidia's super resolution you can definitely enable 1080P on your 768P monitor. There's something similar from AMD as well, but you will still see 768P on your monitor. The game will just render at 1080P and then will be downscaled to 768P causing very little benefits. It's mainly for eliminating jaggies and getting good AA.

Back