My Moto X inspired Voice Assistant | Share your Tasker creations

Thanks everyone :)
@Pat Yes, I have tried utter! and it is currently installed in my phone :) And as to how different it is from utter!, firstly, I'm still in my baby steps compared to utter! and obviously utter! will be much powerful. The main idea is to make my own customized assistant with ideas I have. And for the current differences, utter! needs you to say the wake up command every time you want to say something(for now) while I can directly ask it questions anytime without any additional commands. Next, utter! cannot emulate touches and other such things, whereas I can ask the phone to complete a level of angry birds for me(though that would be pointless), or I could ask it to scroll a page, download the YouTube video I'm currently watching etc, the possibilities are endless. Then, currently utter! though understands natural language it is slightly limited, for example how much charge does my battery have will fail whereas I can ask in numerous ways, but will still get the answer. Next, I can hold a conversation(planning to) which I don't think the dev of utter! wants to implement( because it is not useful, only for fun's sake). Basically, this is something I made for my self completely personalized for my own use rather than general use. It is not intended to compete with or replace utter! I actually use utter! In conjunction with this sometimes. Also, utter! is a standalone app while I use other supporting apps for some functionality.(for example, I should use some video downloader app for the YouTube videos, though now you can ask it to download the current video and it will automatically do it using that downloader). Some members have asked to be beta testers so, you can see how this evolves over time, though that depends on my time and ideas. Finally, thanks for your interest. Bottom line is I don't deserve to be compared to utter!. What I made is just a hobby project :)

Sent for my iPad, so forgive formatting and errors if any.

Sounds really great. Congratulations on the work done so far, much appreciated. I am a big fan of tasker and have made a couple of basic profiles for myself. Love the possibilities tasker offers. Infact, tasker was one of the primary reasons why I jumped ship from iOS to Android.

I have some questions regarding the video which I hope you can answer:
1. How do you get the popups for music, flipboard etc. when you ask for music to be played or news to be read? I thought it might be the new "Halo" feature (from AOSP ROMs) but seeing that you are not using AOSP (looking at the toggles and notification dropdown), I am interested to know how you can get such popups? Is there an App that does that?
2. I see you have set "Swipe gesture" to kill/minimize Apps or something similar. Is this done using GMD Control/LMT Launcher or something else? Looks pretty neat.

Edit: WRT point 1, Just figured it might by Tiny Apps (Floating) App you trigger using your voice command. Is that correct?

Last edited:
Back