My New Bravia 32" V Series

Err its only the 42 inchers that are 1024x768. But even that looks way better than an LCD at 1366x768 because there's no motion blur unlike LCDs which have a slow response time. The 50 inch displays are either 1366x768 or 1920x1080 and are the ones to buy.

@adder: In what way are they limited? Plasmas still outsell LCDs abroad in the large screen categories and as far as quality is concerned, one has to be completely blind to not see the difference.

well the thing is only handfull of companies still produce plasma to name some pioneer,panasonic,samsung etc and lcd sales are increasing by the day,and are also getting cheaper.the asian market is dominated by lcd sales,the UK and the us are also following that trend.

and take for example the "suze orman show in the can i afford it segment" its no longer plasma ,its lcd that they ask that too dominated bravias.

Now that we are on that topic, anish - you got a big ass plasma and a nice digicam. Could you pleese post a pic of a typical desktop? Browser, foobar, a few im windows etc?

kwel down frnd..i know plasmas have got some advantages + disadvantages similarly lcd's have their own advantages and disadvantages. so why create a caos over it . i like to buy lcd even if i have to buy a 46"er or 52"er. i have got faith in them. don't like plasmas. those who like plasma's they can go for it. simple yaar. jo pasand ho wahi khareedo. and to be very frank sony has got the repo. no one can beat its repo. i have faith in sony. i have 50things in my house and all are of sony. so tell me one model with its features + prices + full hd 1080p which can beat sony 46"X series. i need to know the point wise difference in both of them. the sony one and the X brand you ppl will let me know. those who are criticizing sony bravia. chill out guys...so do the homewrk and post the stuff here...i am waiting.

AND A BIG THANKS 2 ALL MY FRNDS HERE FOR THEIR VALUABLE COMMENTS AND WISHES AND SUGGESTIONS.

and to be very frank sony has got the repo. no one can beat its repo. i have faith in sony. i have 50things in my house and all are of sony.

Thats what SONY is good at :D....SONY & BOSE are quite similar in some sense......Brag & leet value :p....showoff material :p

tusharrastogi said:
and to be very frank sony has got the repo. no one can beat its repo. i have faith in sony. i have 50things in my house and all are of sony. so tell me one model with its features + prices + full hd 1080p which can beat sony 46"X series. i need to know the point wise difference in both of them. the sony one and the X brand you ppl will let me know. those who are criticizing sony bravia. chill out guys...so do the homewrk and post the stuff here...i am waiting.

AND A BIG THANKS 2 ALL MY FRNDS HERE FOR THEIR VALUABLE COMMENTS AND WISHES AND SUGGESTIONS.

Herd mentality at its best :rofl:. If you have already decided on what you want, why even bother asking others :p.

prove me if i am wrong dude...tell me which brand is better than sony...why commenting like this here bro...prove your point dear...as far as i know no one has proved sony wrong so far here....so u just give your opinion with facts and proofs. suggestions and comments are always valuable for me and always welcome.

sony isn't the best for everything... do ur research before buying any expensive product.... Especially the type of panels used for the LCDs...

kkndka said:
even the LG base 32" model beats it....uses a killer panel...

LG is not that good for naked eyes, may be its technically superior according to LG, but when I compared it with sony, I felt sony is better than LG.

Ultimately viewing pleasure is important than all these technical jargons :D .
Guys Please keep your debate for someother thread. Its a show off thread, Let him enjoy his purchase.

ha ha ha no dear i am really enjoying this techie debate and also enjoying my purchase...some ppl always have got technical nooobs in them...they always try to find out something or the other...i would request kknd to prove tht whtever he said is right by putting here the technical comparison bw sony and other products which he thinks are better than that.. instead of doing that he is doing everything....

kkndka said:
even the LG base 32" model beats it....uses a killer panel...

well only according to u:rofl:

while i can agree about others saying about pioneer kuro which is still the flat panel to beat,u are saying an lg base model ,give me a break.

in flat panels pioneer plasmas are a cut above everyone else but in lcds sony are cut above the rest.

Well Chaos I have nothing against Plasmas apart from the resolution and the price of higher end models. In my case i needed a 40" ...

And you tell me a higher end Plasma qith 1920x1080 resolution. Its not at all about mental blocks and I do a lot of research before i actually get stuff. And it was wrong on your part to say that I have a mental block. And I really respect you a lot Chaos as you are one of the most knowledgeable persons that i know here. But even I feel that you have a mental block against lcd's. See i am agreeing .. for movie watching .. they are awesome even when hooked up to a pc. But for normal browsing and all the resolution is too less.

And I am not a sony fan boy. In fact when it somes to cameras or other stuff .. I tell everyone to stay away from sony. But their LCD's are the best abd that is a fact. I am not comparing their LCD's to Pioneer Plasmas .. I know Pioneer Kuros is Awesome. But then Pioneer Kuros was just unaffordable for me. specially the ones with 1920 x 1080 res ....

So to get that resolution at 40" at a decent price .. the only option i had was Bravia LCD ... and which i feel has good Black Levels for a LCD .....

Back