My New Gaming Rig

^^At high details, there's a huge difference in the minimum frame rate... especially of stuff like oblivion, dark messiah and anything else thats texture intensive.

^^That should answer ur question rpok :p And anyway when u were spending so much on the rig, you shouldnt have skimped on the ram

Dude , playing Oblivion at maxed settings often shoots the peak mem. usage to around 1.6 GB .. so 2 GB would definitely help at maxed settings ..

2x512mb Corsair XMS2 PC2 6400 (5-5-5-12)

I know these are good , but u could have opted for cheaper Transcend RAM's .. or Corsair Value .. they OC well , and the additional amount would be much welcomed ..

EVGA 7900 GTO 512MB @650/1320

Hmmm .. waiting for the new year ?? Why did u get the 7900GTO man ?? Get it running at 650/1600 atleast .. u've got a hefty PSU too ..

Now , for final touches , ur CPU should be doing 2.8 GHz atleast .. a little OC on the RAM , and the card going 650/1600 ..

RAID0 would have been nice .. but hey ... better like what u already have ..

^i think the 7900GTO is a good purchase. Of course, I'm a bit biased, but that thing overclocks like crazy. Mine was doing 670/1640. Not bad for 16K..

^Nope.. I moved to Gudgawaa last week, going to be here for four months. PC is back home, got my laptop with me.
So I set it back to 650/1320. Dad and sis don't need 200FPS in PS CS2 and AutoCAD.
:p

deathvirus_me said:
Hmmm .. waiting for the new year ?? Why did u get the 7900GTO man ??

7900 GTO was the best card in its price range (even now no card beats it at that price..its better than a 7950gt, and almost matches 7900gtx...and back in oct i had bought it for 260$ (that's only 12K)...i didn't have 400$ to plonk for a g80, nor i could wait till march for lower end versions of g80 to come....

As for the overclock of this card, i don't plan to overclock it, 'coz the ram chips on this card aren't good enough..i've heard rams of many 7900gto's dying after ppl overclocked it beyond 800mhz...so i'm not taking any chances with my valuable possession here....

7900 GTO was the best card in its price range (even now no card beats it at that price..its better than a 7950gt, and almost matches 7900gtx...and back in oct i had bought it for 260$ (that's only 12K)...i didn't have 400$ to plonk for a g80, nor i could wait till march for lower end versions of g80 to come....

As for the overclock of this card, i don't plan to overclock it, 'coz the ram chips on this card aren't good enough..i've heard rams of many 7900gto's dying after ppl overclocked it beyond 800mhz...so i'm not taking any chances with my valuable possession here....

No i meant , why did u get the 7900GTO id u didn't plan to OC .. if u have some good cooling , the card can easily do 650/1600 ..

Back