My new JVC HA-RX900 and Creative X-Fi Titanium!!

But i feel the RX 900 is bit bass centric at times. Its great for music, but the detailing isnt upto mark :(

In movies, it might even drown out the vocals/speech if there are some explosions/drums at same time.

Ive tried it with Mark IV DAC, HDA Xplosion card with LM4562 and S4580P Op-Amps.

Thanks guys.

The phones are superb. I was kinda disappointed in the beginning but after few days of Pink Noise burn in, they do speak now :D

BTW I guess I am selling the X-Fi and will get the XONAR STX. Less than a week old but the itch is getting better of me...I need to try even better.

The X-Fi is a great card. FOr headphone alone, get a quality DAC like the UDAC or E7. Should performs slightly better than the soundcard, and costs much less than the STX too.

^^^

The thing is that there isn't much difference between the netbook output and the X-Fi. It indeed is there but I didn't find it that great. Perhaps the STX will do :p

But for headphone only purpose, the DAC will be better choice as far is SQ and price is concerned. And it can be connected to any rig with ease via USB.

Ok I'll step back from my stance. The headphones have become little different or there is something wrong with my netbook. There is huge difference in the sound quality between the X-Fi and the netbook.

Probably the burnin is turning the phones strangely. The sound is going from bad to good to worse.....I guess I need to burn them more.

Back