My New Phone - San Francisco!

akhurana said:
^^ and paypal too so it is a sure shot . :(

I don't think Paypal will work out, as it won't allow you to select a non indian delivery address when you checkout.
arun687 said:
@varkey

Mate the new one you got is TFT or OLED?

Also, hows the customs duty to be paid? Do they hold it at the customs and we should go there and pay?

I guess many are interested in this phone. It would be great if someone can arrange for a GO.

The 2nd one is also OLED. :p No, Aramex will clear the item and you have to pay the duty at the time of delivery. For my 2nd phone there was no duty.

You can purchase it directly from Prepaymania now by Google Checkout hopefully. Someone please try and update here.

amitn18 said:
I have already bought 3 of these ... As gifts for friends :)

And in Switzerland, they are selling for 100 CHF = 4600 INR !!!!

ok.– Mobile | Smart und günstig ist voll ok.

Wow thats really nice. Is it the same model? TFT I think?

varkey said:
The 2nd one is also OLED. :p No, Aramex will clear the item and you have to pay the duty at the time of delivery. For my 2nd phone there was no duty.
Thats fantastic. How much extra you had to pay for shipping from UK to India? I guess Aramex's joining fee is $35. Customs if applied is around ~1% right?

amitn18 said:
I have already bought 3 of these ... As gifts for friends :)

And in Switzerland, they are selling for 100 CHF = 4600 INR !!!!

ok.– Mobile | Smart und günstig ist voll ok.
but how do u get from swiss... can't find any on ebay for decent price

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

varkey said:
I don't think Paypal will work out, as it won't allow you to select a non indian delivery address when you checkout.

paypal doesn't verify billing address atleast while buying on ebay coz i have moved but put in my new delivery/billing address whenever buying from ebay

I am a noob so please clarify about the OLED and TFT screen thingies.
Why is OLED better than TFT? :ashamed:
And why are people running after this phone? What abt the warranty? :S.
If I get a satisfactory answer on the warranty thing I might get one for myself :D.

How easy is the tethering of this phone with PC to be able to use as 3G modem ??
Does it have some custom ZTE PC suite software ???

I haven't tried tethering yet. Should work easily. And there is no ZTE software to manage.

Sent from my Orange San Francisco using Tapatalk

akhurana said:
but how do u get from swiss... can't find any on ebay for decent price
Unfortunately, I live here :(

And I searched very hard for an OLED one, but I guess the swiss ones are only TFT.

These things are selling like hot cakes here... only 100chf (4600 INR) and that too before christmas...

Most of the shops are out of stock...

Back