My new Sony Ear-Muffs!

Homer

Adept
What up folks, decided to retire my Philips SHP-8500 cans as they're not great when it comes prolonged usage. Plus they didn't sound all that great (considering i picked it up for 1.1K) and I wanted something with better comfort better sound as they weren't great with bass.

So while hunting through various sites I came across these beauties from Sony. Surprisingly they aren't launched here in India which is strange and I couldn't find them in Alpha either. So after reading a lot of reviews on Amazon and a couple of Youtube video's later, I decided to take the plunge via KMD.

Damages : 3.7K (something like that, dont remember the exact amount)

They are the Sony MDR XB-500 from Sony's new Xtra Bass range. The sound is absolutely incredible and the bass is just superb. Mostly because of the giant ear cushions, they seal around your ear completely giving you a similar effect of a EP630. They are super light, extremely comfortable and the sound is incredible.

A slight warning though if your planning on getting these, they work best with a PC and a decent sound card (not so good with MP3 players)..... and the cord is stupidly short, which means you have to connect it to the front audio connector.

Overall, I cannot stress this enough...... these are the most awesome pair of headphones I've used to date..... If you're into bass heavy music like hip-hop, trance,etc I strongly suggest you pick these up.They work wonders in movies and games too. Now the pics.:hap2:

Congrats ! You could have gone for a JVC RX700/ 900. They are the best in sub 50$ range ;).

Nevertheless , the Sony look really good as well .

Back