OC & Modding My OCZ Gold VX RAM Arrives !!!!!

Good :cool2: , now break them in gently before taking off...........:eek:hyeah:
I will power up my rig in a day or two ....:no:

Hey Darky,

Congrats, great purchases you made there :) Could you give us some details on the pricing of the motherboard and the RAM too.

Also, Thermaltake are selling LED RAM heatsinks for 700 bucks. Worth it ?

I think they may add a bit more light to the Super LANBOY !

heh.........
Darky i really tell ya. Remove the damn ramsink from that VX. it hurts more specially in conditions like what we have here.
By the way congrats. Post the pics of your board too..
Mine should be here first week of June along with venice 3800+ :)

no man not because of humidity. The Heatspreaders actiually trap the heat. Its not a good idea on RAMs that dosent get that much warm. And if the heatspreaders are used then they rather than helping to decipate heat, trap the heat near to the ram chips. Use them only if you have air flowing over them.
Guys over at Extremeoverclocking and XS did experiments on this and they got better results without RAMsinks.
Usually people dont do it bcoz it voids warranty but Darky has boughjt it from US so thats not issue anyway.
I removed RAMSINKS from my geil the day i put them inside my PC.

Heatspreaders r useful nd in this case i thnk they mite b useful whn OC'ing using above 3.3vdimm.........but a fan blowing over them will be suitable.

Way to go !!!! Now, with VX RAM and DFI mobo, what can stop you touching 3Gigs??? And 8GBPS mem b/w???

Please post some overclocks...... Of course, after burning in the RAM first.

Congrats, great purchases you made there Could you give us some details on the pricing of the motherboard and the RAM too.

Also, Thermaltake are selling LED RAM heatsinks for 700 bucks. Worth it ?

I think they may add a bit more light to the Super LANBOY !

Thanks,
The board cost me around 130 $ and the RAM around 190$

The ram already has Ramsinks,i dont think i will need those TT Ram Sinks.

I dont have a Super Lanboy dude.Infact its a pathetic cabinet, very cramped.Just picked a VIP ZB01 today.Decent Case. ;)

btw ...did the board cme in 1 peice

Yes,box Pack,nothing was missing. :hap2:

heh.........
Darky i really tell ya. Remove the damn ramsink from that VX. it hurts more specially in conditions like what we have here.

no man not because of humidity. The Heatspreaders actiually trap the heat. Its not a good idea on RAMs that dosent get that much warm. And if the heatspreaders are used then they rather than helping to decipate heat, trap the heat near to the ram chips. Use them only if you have air flowing over them.
Guys over at Extremeoverclocking and XS did experiments on this and they got better results without RAMsinks.

Huh ???? :huh:
I guess removing teh RAMSINKS helps only in case of TCCD.Correct me if i am wrong.
Winbond BH-5 needs em i guess. ;)

not really.
TCCD dosent even get warm but even on the chips that get hot its better not to have ramsinks rather than have them. HyperX PC4000 use to have BH-5 and now it has new winbond chips or D43 both of which get hot..
All heatspreader does is to trap the heat. I am not kidding. Many people have tried it. There are couple of threads over at XS. Here is one of them.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-49960.html

A guy manages what he was getting at 2.85V at only 2.6V after removing heatspreader. many others saw improvement.
I personally got extra 30Mhz out of my Geil. Now it can go pass 300Mhz. With heatspreaders i wont get memtest stable for more than 10 minutes at 280.

Back