My Red Stallion

Well mate. The attitude that I will never fall down is a bad one. Get proper protection.

Medical bills will always be highrr than protection gear.

Congrats on the bike :)

Doest matter what speed you are going when the guy behind you is running 100 plus.
And dont save the cash for something like ls2. Save around 5 odd k and look for SOL helmets. Check the dpartan gear site.

Nice ride! Congrats!

Looks like you've got all the accessories covered.

As a newbie to biking, I would recommend having fun in moderation. Given the bike's excellent flickability and its torquey engine, you will often be tempted to ride hard but do so cautiously and only to an extent where you are comfortable. Always roll with your essential riding gear on (helmet+gloves).

Remember the engine break-in period till the first service (1K kms) - Maintaining ~45Km/hr - It will be a struggle :p

Oh and don't worry too much about the mileage. The FZ is not your typical mileage-focused commuter motorcycle and loves to be plonked around. Some folks just don't get it. You can expect it to return ~35Kmpl when ridden hard. It all really depends on your riding style.

Welcome to the Yamaha family! :cool:

Thanks a lot.
Just today I received my Helmet and Gloves :)
Will post it upon taking it out and checking.
Regarding speed- I flick it a bit ;) whenever possible. I need to vary RPM right? So I maintain a speed of 45-50Km/hr and very rarely goto 55. Just to test it.
After first service will slowly increase speeds.. I am very very happy with performance right now. Brake is very effective too. Regarding mileage. Well 35+ should do for me :)

Back