My search for the perfect entry-level DSLR ends. Nikon D3100.

VOiLA said:
Congrats. Why didn't you consider Olympus ?

I was looking out to Canon/Nikon only.. Mainly because accessories are easy to find.. Will be adding a SB-400 Flash & a Sigma 18-200mm OS lens soon..
harish_21_10 said:
Congrats buddy..

I see your location to be Trivandrum/Hyderabad, so where did you buy it from? If Hyd, then could you tell me which shop?

It is not yet available in Trivandrum.. I brought this from a shop in Marthandam (Tamil Nadu), just a 35Km drive from Trivandrum..

Saw this listed in smartshoppers for Rs.31,345.00 (kit) & body alone for Rs.25,895.00

I was quoted about 29.5k in Mumbai. Not sure if it was grey though and since then I have been thinking of this cam. But then not able to decide if I should push my budget that far or stick to the idea of getting a good used cam.

Here, in Hyderabad, the lowest quote I got was 30.5k.

I've got mine with bill & warranty.. If you are planning for a used DSLR & can live without the movie recording part, i would suggest you go for a used 450D.. Should be available for less than 20K.. You can spent the saved cash on some good lenses..

The more reviews I read the more I love this camera.... I cant afford a D7000 but this I can if a save a bit.... :D

Back