My Stereophile workstation & other gadgets

corelement

Disciple
ORU54.jpg

Components:

Jamo Concert 8 / D830 @ 3.3 ohms Reference bookshelf speakers with Seas Excel drivers
Cambridge Audio Azur 840a Dual mono stereo Amplifier
Monster & THX collaborated speaker cables
Zalman HD135s Full ATX Computer enclosure with 6 low noise ventilation fans
Razer Abyssus mouse
Microsoft Reclusa Keyboard
Samsung B2230 TN panel (got it dirt cheap new otherwise would have gotten IPS) Monitor
Soundfoundations.in Custom Stands
APC 600W UPS

m26jR.jpg

Computer Internals:

AMD Phenom 965 BE
Radeon 5850 GPU 1 GB ram
Gigabyte 890GPA - UD3H motherboard
4 GB dd3 ram
Asus Xonar STX with custom OP AMP
Asus DVD
Zalman case with remote and LCD display and fan monitoring inbuilt software
Linksys WRT54GL linux kernel router

Amplifier

Dual mono channel
200 watt @ 4ohm
Class XT / Class A at low to medium volume + modified class B at high volume
Resister Ladder volume control
Toroidal Transformer with separate transformer for preamp section

Speaker / Jamo concert 8 / D830

Tweeter T25 Sonotex (inch/mm) 1 / 25 Ferro Fluid cooled
Seas Excel custom w17e002 Woofer (inch/mm) 6.5 / 165 Solid copper phase plug cooled
Sensitivity (dB - 2,8V / 1m) 90
Frequency range (Hz) 38 - 22000
Cross-over frequency (Hz) 2500
Impedance (Ohm) 4
Dimensions HxWxD (mm/in) 380.00x245.00x310.00 / 14.96x9.65x12.20

Cable / Bogdan Audio Goldy RCA Interconnect

Silver Coated Solid Copper Core x 3
Hyperlitz Configuration
Eichmann Bullet terminations with 24k Direct gold plating on Tellurium copper without nickel plating
Extremely low capacitance

cool setup man..had seen this some time back in hifivision....
btw the table and glass shelf you bought ready-made or made-to-order?

The table used to be a burmese teak coat hanger from before my parents time, when we moved from Calcutta to NCR we got a carpenter and instructed them how to convert it into a desk. If you notice the feet they're the kind of extended feet you'd see on clothes hangers.

The glass shelf was made in the 70's from CP teak. A vintage turntable used to sit on the top and the shelves inside were used as an LP record disc holder.

Nice to know people from here also go to to HFV. Whats your user name there? feel free to pm if not comfortable disclosing here.

I found an old pic of my setup in 2010, here it is for kicks.

aerx1d.jpg

Are U in India :). Is this seen in my country. ( Jus Kidding) Amazing setup man. My hearty congrats. The flooring and the sunlight spot on.
Just two reservations.
Kindly seal or hide the small hole between the amp and the Display.
Also get a bigger Display.

I'm in Delhi man :p

And yeah need to patch up that hole. Been lazy.
I'm not getting a bigger display as I'm going to be leaving for new zealand next year for my Master of Design course. This setup will be somewhat unused for a year or two until I am a little more stable in NZ to bring these over (by that time I'd probably want to sell the internals of the pc)

My room is dead messy, i stay with my parents in a G+1 house, hence I got a privacy, once during my absence my mommy was showing her friend around in the house. She brought her friend to show mine, her friend asked, "how many people stay here", mommy said, "just my younger son", her friend preferred not to comment further.

Nice and clean set-up. So, what tunes are being played here?

Thanks GreenJay

I listen to almost all genres of music including spanish, japanese and french music. I think the only genres I don't listen to Emo punk rock and heavy metal.

My room is dead messy, i stay with my parents in a G+1 house, hence I got a privacy, once during my absence my mommy was showing her friend around in the house. She brought her friend to show mine, her friend asked, "how many people stay here", mommy said, "just my younger son", her friend preferred not to comment further.

I think the mistake most people do is buying/keeping a lot of useless decorative items which serve no purpose. The clutter scales till everything finally starts to look like a mess.

The key to staying clean and enjoying designer living is by not buying anything that you will not use. AKA don't buy trash and there won't be a mess of trash at home. This includes excessive clothes and shoes.

The table used to be a burmese teak coat hanger from before my parents time, when we moved from Calcutta to NCR we got a carpenter and instructed them how to convert it into a desk. If you notice the feet they're the kind of extended feet you'd see on clothes hangers.

The glass shelf was made in the 70's from CP teak. A vintage turntable used to sit on the top and the shelves inside were used as an LP record disc holder.

Nice to know people from here also go to to HFV. Whats your user name there? feel free to pm if not comfortable disclosing here.

I found an old pic of my setup in 2010, here it is for kicks.

aerx1d.jpg

the old speakers are also Jamo ? [h=1]Jamo S 426 ?[/h]

the old speakers are also Jamo ? Jamo S 426 ?

Nope, the s / studio series is much much lower. The studio series is targetting towards Sony's and Philips and other consumer grade models.

They were Jamo e875, the precursor to the concert 607. The e875 was designed and made in Denmark while the concert 607 is designed and made in china. The D830 / concert 8's in the first image are reference grade while the E series is home theatre and S series is consumer grade.

mnrfe.jpg

I think the mistake most people do is buying/keeping a lot of useless decorative items which serve no purpose. The clutter scales till everything finally starts to look like a mess.

The key to staying clean and enjoying designer living is by not buying anything that you will not use. AKA don't buy trash and there won't be a mess of trash at home. This includes excessive clothes and shoes.

Rightly said bro. Master of design..... Nice. May I know what you design. Any samples. Maybe Inspire us towards design.

I'm a communication designer, I come up with concepts for something and represent it visually. Can be interface design, publication, exhibition..anything that requires a concept.

Here are some concepts I worked on back in 2008
corElement's deviantART Gallery

Presently working with a video game service company in french canada and an advertising company in nyc.

Nope, the s / studio series is much much lower. The studio series is targetting towards Sony's and Philips and other consumer grade models.

They were Jamo e875, the precursor to the concert 607. The e875 was designed and made in Denmark while the concert 607 is designed and made in china. The D830 / concert 8's in the first image are reference grade while the E series is home theatre and S series is consumer grade.
Good droolable stuff , Even in 2010 your taste in your audio hardware is excellent . [h=2][/h]

Did a little surgery on the vintage setup. Swapped 40 year old 10 strand cable with new Jamo 50 strand Oxygen free tinned copper cables.

aGWuEl.jpg

Back