My TV is able to play Dolby Vision content from USB, but it is not applying the dolby preset in picture settings?

DavyJones

Disciple
Hello,
As I mentioned in the title, my recently purchased TV has dolby vision, It used to play dolby vision from the usb easily. but recently it is only applying the HDRcinema preset while playing dolby vision content from USB. I tried with several movie files, result is the same. I even played the same title which the TV recognized as DV earlier but now it is only recognizing the HDR format and applying the HDRcinema preset. . DolbyVision & 4k works well on Disney hotstar in my TV while amazon prime only playing HD content.What went wrong??.

My TV is Vu 43GloLed tv. I have one more issue regarding the hardware specifications of this tv. The specifications listed in the website states that this TV has 16GB storage. While checking my TV, it is only showing some 7.3GB as total storage. I only bought the TV ten days ago from a retail shop because amazon was only giving one year warranty for the tv while the retail shop was giving three years. What are my options?. Any help is appreciated

I have not seen a DV colour preset on any TV. My parents have a DV certified Panasonic TV, when the content is DV, it just says DV at bottom right, that's all. Not all content on OTTs have DV. Most content on Prime doesn't have DV, AFAIK.

Anyways, you won't see a major difference between SDR, HDR10 or DV on a budget TV, you need OLED or FALD LCD TV. My observation on HDR in TVs is that it just dims the whole panel in low brightness scenes (night) which for me is worse than SDR format but still HDR handling is better on TVs than Windows OS. In such night scenes, low brightness parts will be dim for sure, but bright spots like lights will have high brightness, for which you need FALD or OLED.

7.3GB might be the free space available. Newer Google TV OS occupies a lot more space than the Android 9 TV OS.

How much did it cost you? I generally recommend people to buy from amazon as Vu offers 2 year extended warranty for like 3k. Usually on sale on amazon, Vu 43" 4K TV costs like 22-23k, even lower at times. Your model is surely more expensive because of inbuilt soundbar.

Back