Myth busted : You need to have Dial tone for the ADSL to work !

SledgeHammer

Disciple
Last week, after some thunder-showers & lightning my phone went dead that means there was no dial tone and I was unable to make/receive any calls. I tried both the telephones in my home so as to make sure that it's not the fault at the equipment side.

But when I dialled my Dataone, it was working fine as usual. I had always heard & believed that you need to have dial tone for the phone to work from my dialup-days. The next day, I complained to the BSNL & the phone was working from from the next day onwards. :rofl:

So what is the technical reason behind this ?

Is it because of the Voice frequency band went kaput because of any hardware fault and the DSLAM was working fine ? :tongue:

its normal

coz dialtone and modem both require diff frequencies to operate on

so even if there's no dialtone the modem dials and connects unless the wire gets physically broken at some point!!

for u it may be a myth but i knew it ! :p

Ok, I mentioned it as a myth for the general folks and also for the telephone tech personnel who will always say that "No Dial tone = No Internet".

ADSL will always work coz it requires only one of the two wires to be connected.. that's what a guy from mtnl told me when my phone went dead but the internet was working

Back