Budget Above 25K N4 or N5 ?

nimitbhardwaj

Disciple
So going to buy a phone this Diwali.
Had a thread created earlier where I was recommended to buy a N4.
What I want to ask now is that should I wait for N5 or go for the N4?
The N4 is available for 21500 at Flipkart right now and there might be an even better offer on the 15-19th sale they're having.
But the N5 sounds like a true beast and I have my heart on it. My budget is 30k max, so should I wait for the N5 or go for the N4 ?

Not trying to start iOS vs Android :p . Just want to know which is more VFM.

Have you used iOS or android before ?
Not talking about playing in a store but actually used it properly. Both OSes have their strong and weak points. If you do wish to try iOS then I strongly suggest not to throw away 45K for latest phone. Get a used iPhone 4S for under 20k and use it. Don't worry much since you will get good resale of that phone.
If you want big screen phones then don't even check iPhones, go for android.
Tell us what phones have you used before and what do you expect your phone to do for you and then we can better suggest the platform.
You either become loyal to iOS or hate it to the core, I am from former group :)

Do you like to tinker around, try out new ROMs/interfaces, constantly modify your phone? Go for Nexus.

Do you use your phone mainly to call / text/ take pictures while the rest of it you don't care for much? Go for iPhone.

Not talking about playing in a store but actually used it properly. Both OSes have their strong and weak points. If you do wish to try iOS then I strongly suggest not to throw away 45K for latest phone. Get a used iPhone 4S for under 20k and use it. Don't worry much since you will get good resale of that phone.
Tell us what phones have you used before and what do you expect your phone to do for you and then we can better suggest the platform.
You either become loyal to iOS or hate it to the core, I am from former group :)
I've used an android before. Moto Defy. Never used iOS before. I don't like big screens. I want a good camera, not a LOT of gaming, texting ,browsing and the usual stuff.I did use a lot of custom ROMs on my Defy.

Finally decided to go for iPhone. Would like to try it out.
A little more help,
Code:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPhone-5S-Latest-Model-16GB-Silver-CRICKET-SEALED-IN-BOX-/321272496643?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item4acd554203
Can this phone be unlocked?

Finally decided to go for iPhone. Would like to try it out.
A little more help,
Code:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPhone-5S-Latest-Model-16GB-Silver-CRICKET-SEALED-IN-BOX-/321272496643?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item4acd554203
Can this phone be unlocked?

I would suggest buy a used iPhone 4S first to get a hang of the OS. If you want to go for the latest and greatest then better buy in India with warranty.
Iphones bought from outside do not have Indian warranty. Also do not buy AT&T phones as unlocking them is not as easy as before.
Verizon "may" be ok because i think their GSM part is unlocked. Still confirm this.
Still at the end of day i would suggest getting a Indian version. You can spend 40% of that amount and get a very very capable used 4S and iOS experience on 4S i believe will still be almost same.
Still if you want 4" screen, i suggest used iPhone 5 for under 30k.

Yep, love the iOS

I would suggest buy a used iPhone 4S first to get a hang of the OS. If you want to go for the latest and greatest then better buy in India with warranty.
Iphones bought from outside do not have Indian warranty. Also do not buy AT&T phones as unlocking them is not as easy as before.
Verizon "may" be ok because i think their GSM part is unlocked. Still confirm this.
Still at the end of day i would suggest getting a Indian version. You can spend 40% of that amount and get a very very capable used 4S and iOS experience on 4S i believe will still be almost same.
Still if you want 4" screen, i suggest used iPhone 5 for under 30k.
It's a waste to buy a 4s or 5 and then again buy a 5s later. Not enough money for this plan. Plus I heard Apple has stopped replacing phones. So I don't think Indian warranty actually matters. If the phone malfunctions, I can get it repaired locally. AT&T is not fully unlocked but I've heard carrier doesn't matter if you use a RSIM. So I want to know If I can use RSIM to activate the above mentioned device(Cricket iPhone 5s).

You really want to go RSIM and such routes. Isn't it good to have a phone which is factory unlocked ? Although that is my opinion.
And who is telling you to buy 5S later ? I would suggest you to wait for iPhone 6 as there is a very good possibility (dont quote me on this) that it may have a bigger screen than 4".
With apple you never know.
If you still want to get from US, get factory unlocked or Verizon phone.

You really want to go RSIM and such routes. Isn't it good to have a phone which is factory unlocked ? Although that is my opinion.
And who is telling you to buy 5S later ? I would suggest you to wait for iPhone 6 as there is a very good possibility (dont quote me on this) that it may have a bigger screen than 4".
With apple you never know.
If you still want to get from US, get factory unlocked or Verizon phone.
I don't see the harm in using those routes, thousands of people are using them right now. If I can save a significant amount of money using them, I would. :) Desperate to buy a phone right now, old one is going crazy, won't buy a new phone for 3-4 years at least.

Back