Narayana Murthy says Indian youth should work 70 hours a week

Do you agree with his statement

• Yes

• No

• Don't give a shit

Results are only viewable after voting.
Murthy should set an example for the youth by working 70hrs, the youth might then decide..
He any way is going to die sooner or later and ensures the youth dies younger... So who cares what he says as he himself has lost it before making such statements..

West: 40 hours work week, experimenting with 4 days only per week

Indian CFO: OMG if you don't work 70 hrs a day you're not Indian

And taking Germany & Japan as role models? Is he so senile that he doesn't remember why WW2 was fought?
We need to implement a mandatory retirement age to keep morons like this from dictating terms. Else we are more likely to become slaves like China

70 hours of productive is fine it should generate monetary value. Many businessmen do even more than that because it directly benefits them .Does Infosys give overtime to its employee who does overtime .Most of the fresher salary i guess is still stagnant at companies like infy and TCS .On the other hand upper mgmt of such companies have higher salaries just to supervise people underneath them

Typical Indian garbage work mentality especially in the IT and Hospitality sector.

This mind space of "lol we pay you, you need to work 12 hours a day to reach anywhere in life lol" is such BS. Do they pay overtime? No. Do they pay decent regular salaries? No.

70 hours of productive is fine it should generate monetary value. Many businessmen do even more than that because it directly benefits them .Does Infosys give overtime to its employee who does overtime .Most of the fresher salary i guess is still stagnant at companies like infy and TCS .On the other hand upper mgmt of such companies have higher salaries just to supervise people underneath them
Typical Indian garbage work mentality especially in the IT and Hospitality sector.

This mind space of "lol we pay you, you need to work 12 hours a day to reach anywhere in life lol" is such BS. Do they pay overtime? No. Do they pay decent regular salaries? No.
Factory workers in China doing monotonous work do 70 hours.. but stupidity is to replicate that in Indian IT industry. Productivity will go down and we will remain slaves for another 100 years.

Factory workers in China doing monotonous work do 70 hours.. but stupidity is to replicate that in Indian IT industry. Productivity will go down and we will remain slaves for another 100 years.
India is anyways going backwards.. caste reservation and what not BS stuff they are entertaining just for that useless vote!
Who even needs reservations these days when everyone has access to google and smartphones?
I'm sure the world is laughing at us.

After, murthy's death even pigeons shouldn't shit on his murthy aka statue!

Are these role-models or slave models for the youth? He is openly promoting slavery and laboury ..

Are these role-models or slave models for the youth? He is openly promoting slavery and laboury ..
Without any monetary compensation. I used to work in the hospitality sector earlier in my career. It's a shithole in terms of work-life/culture/monetary return, with a regal facade.

India is anyways going backwards.. caste reservation and what not BS stuff they are entertaining just for that useless vote!
Who even needs reservations these days when everyone has access to google and smartphones?
I'm sure the world is laughing at us.
You mean Caste & Reservation ? Who even believes in Caste these days, oh wait...most of Indians aka Casteist trash do. Hence the reservation.

Murthy is senile old man who cannot be taken seriously anymore.

Last edited:
.. if you are not ready to work extra .. than please do not BLAME motabhai/chotabhai etc. who in early days of their life works nearly round the clock and never complaint that he works for 12 - 15 or 20 hrs. a day,. now they are enjoying fruit (in their 50s-60s), though I agree there are some exceptions who works round the clock & very hard honestly but fail to flourish.

Even ask N. Murthy how hard he works in his early days while starting Infosys.

.. if you are not ready to work extra .. than please do not BLAME motabhai/chotabhai etc. who in early days of their life works nearly round the clock and never complaint that he works for 12 - 15 or 20 hrs. a day,. now they are enjoying fruit (in their 50s-60s), though I agree there are some exceptions who works round the clock & very hard honestly but fail to flourish.

thats the point they worked for themselves so if you work for yourself you get the benefit.

thats the point they worked for themselves so if you work for yourself you get the benefit.
so who stops you to work for Your Self, just take risk and explore more opportunities along with RISK of Failure.

Mr. N. Murthy may be warn youth/their employee to be ready to work for more hours or be ready to face job cut. Choice is yours.

I know it's not easy for someone due to various personal/organizational/works/health/mental issue.

Just like we got Independence paying heavy price, we may enjoy Good Economy by giving more time at work/job.

Last edited:

so who stops you to work for Your Self, just take risk and explore more opportunities along with RISK of Failure.

Mr. N. Murthy may be warn youth/their employee to be ready to work for more hours or be ready to face job cut. Choice is yours.

I know it's not easy for someone due to various personal/organizational/works/health/mental issue.

Just like we got Independence paying heavy price, we may enjoy Good Economy by giving more time at work/job.
These are redundant analogies. Things have evolved since Murthy's days as a youth. He got his benefit (s), the current corporate landscape does not work that way anymore.

Steve Jobs was as successful as Murthy. Did he preach "work 70 hours a week"? Even the eccentric and wacko Elon Musk hasn't gone that far.

The world has moved on. Work-related mental distress is a very real thing now. Work-life balance is something to be taken very seriously. Depression, stress-induced cardiac arrests, low pay, work exploitation are very profound today, and people like Murthy are the root cause of it. He's talking nonsense, in the sense that a good work-life balance with good pay is a "wrong thing" to take from the West. Can you really take that in your stride? Foreigners exploited Indians because of this very mindset.

Last edited:
Back