Need 1.5 ton AC in Bangalore

Room: close to 217 sq feet. No direct sunlight in room except for an hour on the window which has curtains.
Usage: Mostly summer. 6-8 hours average I guess. Rest of the year would be used for a few hours in a few days on average
Budget: ~30k
Type: Split AC
City: Bangalore
Misc:-
=>11 month old baby, so please suggest ones which have dont deteriorate air quality
=>Brands dont matter as long as they are reliable and have good after sales service.
=> Would require basic features from an AC for sure like auto sleep, swing etc. the more the better.
=>3 star at a minimum. I hear Invertor ACs are better. But not sure.

Edit: Sorry. I was wrong in the dimensions. The area is 217 sq feet(L=15 feet, B=14.5 and height=10 feet)

Last edited:
Invertor ACs are better when used for longer duration. Your usage seems to be concentrated around summer. You might get away with 3/4 star 1.2T AC. 1T for 165 Sq Ft will be quite loaded.

with a budget of 30 K, i would recommend that you go for a 3 star , 1.5 Ton unit,
1 ton will be too small for a 165 sq ft room.

I remember seeing a LG unit with 3star, 1.5 ton along with other features like mosquito away etc for about 32K in the showroom, not sure if it was Aadhiswar or Pai.

ok thanks.
But I still think 1.5 would be a bit much.

ALso, please note that I would prefer to buy the product directly from shop and not online

Checked reviews online for Samsung and LG. They apparently dont use Copper tubes but aluminium which would hit the product life.Ruling out Carrier, Bluestar, Hitachi etc since they seem to be most;y focused at commercial properties and reviews seem to be mixed. Invertor ACs seem to be out of mu budget for sure.
Right now Voltas seems to fit the bill.

Most online reviews at shopping sites have mixed reviews for all brands. The negative reviews seem to be less about the product and more critical on Installation, service and the delivery service of the Shopping site like Flipkart, Amazon etc.

Increase your budget. Go for inverter AC. Benefit 1. You'll save electricity, Benefit 2: The room will not be too hot or too cold and hence it will be comfortable specially for 11 month old baby.
Go for a 1.4-1.5 Ton inverter unit.

Re did the calculations and the area is actually 217 sq ft. So I guess I have to hunt now for 1.5 tonn AC.

But the questions remain same. My research still shows Voltas as top contender. What do you guys think?

Daikin is 2nd in line along with Whirlpool. But I do not know anything about service part. Also the saleman in Exone in Koramangala was saying the delivery and installation of Whilepool ACs will be late as there is high demand for them and company is not able to cope up with calls.

Voltas is also good. IF you compare price of a Voltas AC with similar spec ( Features/ COP /ISEER) as that of Daikin there won't be much difference in price.

Voltas is also good. IF you compare price of a Voltas AC with similar spec ( Features/ COP /ISEER) as that of Daikin there won't be much difference in price.
I dont think so. I cant put my finger on the models but Voltas seemed to have a difference of around 4k.

I dont think so. I cant put my finger on the models but Voltas seemed to have a difference of around 4k.

Voltas 5 star Inverter model 185Dye (1.5 ton, ISEER 4.51) MRP 64990/-, Daikin 5 Star Inverter 1.5 Ton ( ISEER 4.7) Model FTKM50QRV16 MRP 56400/- as per website.

Voltas 3 star Inverter (ISEER 3.7, 1.5 ton) MRP 58490/- Model 183v EY :;: Daikin 4 Star Inverter (1.5ton ISEER 4.17) Model : FTKM50QRV16 Mrp 50200/-

These are website prices, You may check street prices.

Last edited:
You need 2 ton AC since the area is big.

Btw I am not happy with Voltas Service in Bangalore. They took 3-4 days to visit after multiple calls.[DOUBLEPOST=1461228347][/DOUBLEPOST]
Increase your budget. Go for inverter AC. Benefit 1. You'll save electricity, Benefit 2: The room will not be too hot or too cold and hence it will be comfortable specially for 11 month old baby.
Go for a 1.4-1.5 Ton inverter unit.
For 6-7 hours of usage, inverter doesn't make sense.

check this, I did some calculations - https://www.techenclave.com/communi...an-air-conditioner.179033/page-2#post-2078578

For 6-7 hours of usage, inverter doesn't make sense.

As I said , inverter is useful not only with electricity saving point of view, but also due to much better comfort offered by Inverter AC's. After all, we are buying AC's for comfort. Spend some time in a room cooled by an inverter AC and then you'll know what I am trying to say. But at the end, it is a decision that how much you want to spend.

As I said , inverter is useful not only with electricity saving point of view, but also due to much better comfort offered by Inverter AC's. After all, we are buying AC's for comfort. Spend some time in a room cooled by an inverter AC and then you'll know what I am trying to say. But at the end, it is a decision that how much you want to spend.
I agree about comfort

So I would let OP decide

What is the difference in terms of comfort between inverter and non-inverter AC?
I can stretch my budget at 35k excluding installation charges.

The review stuff on the internet is really confusing and overwhelming.[DOUBLEPOST=1461253207][/DOUBLEPOST]How come no one has suggested Whirlpool ACs? apparently they are selling like hotcakes in bangalore

Last edited:
The power control of AC is very efficient in Inverter AC whereas non existent in hence there is no power management leading to at times poor cooling techniques over or under.

Back