Need 20mm USC 6-32 screws for slim radiator fans

ajish65

Patron
So this is a bit of a weird one. I have an Ncase M1 in which I want to fit a Kraken X53 with slim 15mm fans on one side of the radiator and regular 25mm fans on the other (not enough space for 25mm fans on both sides). I already have the fans however, the screws provided with the Kraken are 30mm long and while that is fine for the regular thickness fans, with the slim ones, they'll just go through the fins as well.

The Kraken documentation says these are USC 6-32 screws and while I did search on Amazon India, apparently we have a different system for screws. Who knew. The closest as per the Internet is M3.5 screws but those aren't really a thing. Cutting or grinding down the 30mm screws is something I don't want to do until I exhaust other possibilities.

So basically, I need 20mm USC 6-32 screws to fit my slim fans on the radiator. There seem to be some really expensive options here, but those aren't really an option. Short of someone coming from the US that can get them for me, I haven't been able to think of anything. Please help.

Thanks.

best option is to cut the existing screws using a saw, which is what i did...its difficult to get the correct length screws. BTW, which 15mm fans do u have?

best option is to cut the existing screws using a saw, which is what i did...its difficult to get the correct length screws. BTW, which 15mm fans do u have?
That's what I was afraid of. Saving it as a last ditch option for now. I have the Noctua NF A12-15s. Thanks for your suggestion.

Back