Need 3 office pcs

laugh

Disciple
I am looking to buy 3 pc's
1.Will be used for handling ms-office, remote desktop to servers.
No need for speakers, cd drive.
1. Q: What is your budget?
1. 15-20k as cheap as possible
Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Mumbai. Not online. Te dealers are ok:)
Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No
Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Office work
9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
no

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No
Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows XP and if possible windows 7

Components Description Price (INR)
Processor AMD Athlon II X2 250(3Ghz, 2 cores, 2MB Cache) 2700
Motherboard Asus M4A78LT-M LE 2700
RAM Corsair 2GB DDRIII 1333MHz VS2GB1333D3 G 1050
HDD 250GB Seagate 7200.12 1500
GPU Raedon HD3000 -
Monitor Dell 1920IN 5550
Cabinet Zebronics Bijili w/o SMPS 1100
PSU/SMPS FSP SAGAII 350w 1500
Key Board Logitech SET - Optical Blk Mouse+ MMKB 700
Mouse NA -
Total 16800

One small tweak i would suggest is going for 500GB HDD's for 1.75k :) But then if you will not have any use for that extra space then go for the 250GB and save some cash.

Thank You Dark Angel.

1.Will this setup struggle when I open many broswer tabs, a few remote desktops and few folders?

2. I will be going for a dual monitor setup in the future and it will not be possible to fit 2 19 inchers. Can You suggest me a 17 inch one? (Looks doesn't matter)

3.Also will I need a graphic crad if I go for dual monitor setup.

4.Can I fit 4gb ram in this if need in future?

Though 250 rs extra for 250 gb space is tempting I really don't need that. Even 250 gb is too much:) Also is it true that lesser the HDD capacity lesser the load on PC?

laugh said:
1.Will this setup struggle when I open many broswer tabs, a few remote desktops and few folders?

No , I dont think It will lag , but if you think it will , then you can get an X3 440 (Athlon II) ~ 3.1k

laugh said:
2. I will be going for a dual monitor setup in the future and it will not be possible to fit 2 19 inchers. Can You suggest me a 17 inch one? (Looks doesn't matter)

The Dell 1720IN Prime ABGB ~ 5.1k
laugh said:
3.Also will I need a graphic crad if I go for dual monitor setup.
I dont think it would require a dedicated GPU , Since it already has a Radeon HD3000 and has 1VGA + 1DVI Port - Unless you are doing graphic Intensive stuff.

laugh said:
4.Can I fit 4gb ram in this if need in future?

Yes You can - AFAIK I has 2 RAM Slots and can take in a max of 8GB of ram , so 2*4GB can be accomodated in the board.

laugh said:
Though 250 rs extra for 250 gb space is tempting I really don't need that. Even 250 gb is too much:) Also is it true that lesser the HDD capacity lesser the load on PC?

If you bow down more on the capacity the cost will nearly be the same , the capacity:cost ratio when you go down saturates a lot , esp with conventional HDDs

@Lesserload on the PC : I dont think it hogs so much of resources that you will not be able to do your work , ~2% of the system load will be on the PC - Atleast thats how it is in my case with about 4 TB of storage.

l33t said:
Yes You can - AFAIK I has 2 RAM Ports and can take in a max of 8GB of ram , so 2*4GB can be accomodated in the board.
Fixed :)

I dont think the AthlonII X2 250 will struggle with your usage. Also remember that eventhough the X3 440 is only slightly costlier it also consumes more power than the X2 250. (95w TDP against the 65w TDP of the dual core)

So u will have to keep that in mind too if you are contemplating getting a X3 440.

answer to 1st Q u can open 15-20 windows at a time easily

also get 4gb ram and 64-bit OS

dual monitor won't be possible on this mobo u'll need a gfx card.i would suggest a single large monitor but u better know ur requirements for monitor...

vip said:
dual monitor won't be possible on this mobo u'll need a gfx card.i would suggest a single large monitor but u better know ur requirements for monitor...
Why isnt it possible mate ? its got a dvi + vga both outputs on the I/O panel , plonk your cable into the socket , check your display settings - install the drivers , I think the guy will be able to use it for decent dtp/browsing/trading and stuff ?

l33t said:
Why isnt it possible mate ? its got a dvi + vga both outputs on the I/O panel , plonk your cable into the socket , check your display settings - install the drivers , I think the guy will be able to use it for decent dtp/browsing/trading and stuff ?
l33t... vip is right... i think OP is talking about Eyefinity which the mobo DA suggested doesn't support...

I need this to support dual monitors, thats it:) I am not sure what eyefinity exactly is and quick googling did not help. I will not be doing any graphic intensive stuff.

Hades. said:
l33t... vip is right... i think OP is talking about Eyefinity which the mobo DA suggested doesn't support...
laugh said:
I need this to support dual monitors, thats it:) I am not sure what eyefinity exactly is and quick googling did not help. I will not be doing any graphic intensive stuff.
AFAIK , I dont think one needs a dedicated graphics card for a dual monitor setup , from what I know an IGP and 2 Display outs will suffice - i.e IF you are going to do normal dtp work etc. etc. , plug in the two monitors - use converters for dvi-vga and get the whole thing done , then - you will have to go to the display properties and tweak out the configurations - Thats about it. For normal everyday (non-animator/design) office work the HD3000 on the 780L chipset should suffice.

@Hades : Mate iinm , Eyefinity/nVision was brought about when people really wanted a smoothened dual/triple/quad... monitor experience so what the guys at ati/nvidia really did was to bring in higher resolution gaming (powerful cards) and better drivers so that the whole thing was recognised as one single monitor and all that rant , what the op wants is a very simple 2-Monitor setup.

cheerio

:cool2:

l33t said:
AFAIK , I dont think one needs a dedicated graphics card for a dual monitor setup , from what I know an IGP and 2 Display outs will suffice - i.e IF you are going to do normal dtp work etc. etc. , plug in the two monitors - use converters for dvi-vga and get the whole thing done , then - you will have to go to the display properties and tweak out the configurations - Thats about it. For normal everyday (non-animator/design) office work the HD3000 on the 780L chipset should suffice.

i never tried this thing... so i thought that maybe OP is talking about Eyefinity :D... By the way do u think the HD3000 IGP can support 2 Displays @ Full HD? :)

vip said:
i know that 785g and above support dual monitor but not sure about 760g chipset.
I meant to say that can they b used like one? AFAIK only graphic cards with Eyefinity or Vision support multiple monitors to use as one...

Like This:

eyefinity4.jpg

Hades. said:
i never tried this thing... so i thought that maybe OP is talking about Eyefinity :D... By the way do u think the HD3000 IGP can support 2 Displays @ Full HD? :)
Well try it , works fine , but once you start gaming/doing all the wierd 3d stuff , it will LAG , and i mean TURBO LaG ! I dont know about full HD - since the OP is only going to use it for general office work - I think It'd be fine

I say this because I setup a normal office rig for my dad - dual monitor - its pretty useful when you are trading stocks where you'd need multiple windows.

Hades. said:
I meant to say that can they b used like one? AFAIK only graphic cards with Eyefinity or Vision support multiple monitors to use as one...

@ Hades-It cannot even remotely do something like the picture you just posted,what that guy is doing is through dedicated graphic card/and I dont think people do this in offices :p
@VIP - M4A78LT-M LE is not a 760 chipset motherboard - Its a 780L @ NB and a HD 3000 @ SB - Im sure it will take in dual monitors.

l33t said:
@ Hades-It cannot even remotely do something like the picture you just posted,what that guy is doing is through dedicated graphic card/and I dont think people do this in offices :p

lol...... :D

Back