Need 3 phones for 15k,10k and 5.5k resp.

My friend needs 3 phones --for him,his father and his younger sister.So pls suggest 3 phones for 15k,10k and 5.5k resp.These phones(at least the first two phones) should have the foll. features:-

1) Should have excellent audio quality (Would be extensively used for listening to music and audio books)

2) Should have good video camera.

3) Should be of good build quality

4) It will be better if it's a speaker phone.

Internet or FM radio are not important.

He would be using either BSNL or airtel network.

Also pls. state the cost of 2GB and 4 GB memmory cards.What kind of memmory cards do you use in a cellphone and do the shop keepers provide any warranty for these cards?? And finally are the earphones supplied with these phones good enuf for listening to music or do you need to buy a seperate earphone??

Sony w810i - 14k - Great speaker phone , awesome audio quality , 2 MP cam with auto focus , 2 external sattelite speakers and 512mb card

Nokia 6300 - 11k - great screen. a2dp wireless bluetooth

Sony w700i - 10k , almost same features as w810i, 2 MP camera without autofocus , no speakers and card

Motorola L6 ( Pink for girls ) - 5k - sleek phone, good features for the price , bluetooth , mp3, cam

Samsung e250 - 7k : sleek slider fone , decent features, mobile tracker to track mobile if lost

For 15k . the phone that ful fill our needs - SE W810i, Nokia N70ME, if u add 1k more you get SE K790i/ Motorola Rokr E6

For 10k - SE K750i or 6233 - 6300not an option cause of poor camera

For5.5k - L6 or LG KG200 or extend budget and get Z550i/ E250

draz said:
Motorola L6 ( Pink for girls ) - 5k - sleek phone, good features for the price , bluetooth , mp3, cam

The L6 does not have an MP3 player. Just supports MP3 ring tones. So that's pretty deceptive.

I would plump for the K750i at under 9k now in the 10 K category. No suggestions from me for the 15K category.

As for the 5.5 K category it would help if you list the essential and desirable features. Would the SE K530i fit the bill? Would be somewhere between 5.5 to 6 K.

Okay thank you all.So will be recommending SE W810i,SE K750i and Motorola L6 to him.

Now could you pls answer the second part?? i.e. the cost of 2GB and 4 GB memmory cards.What kind of memmory cards do you use in a cellphone and do the shop keepers provide any warranty for these cards?? And finally are the earphones supplied with these phones good enuf for listening to music or do you need to buy a seperate earphone??

^^Bro, i have a suggestion..though k70i is a good choice, i think u need to look at other things related to the cellphone..i was in the same dilemma a few days back when i has to choose between k750 n the 6233..just google a little bit n u'll see there are so many complaints about the k750i joystick design...its very buggy..it just stops to respond sometimes... plus this phone is getting outdated by the day..the only thing going for it now is its cam..else i think the 6233 is a overall better alternative to this phone..it has a better screen, has all tht is thr in k750 plus edge support, gr8 speakers and thankfully, no joystick!! wot it lacks is an auto focus and flash.. thts all..it scores better in all other aspects..as for the head phones, u can use an adapter and use ur favorite headphones with it too.. rest is upto u to decide..:)

for 15K: Nokia N70ME....absolute best in 15k, good even for music, u can also consider SE W810i

for 10k: Nokia 6233...( look no further)

for 5.5K:

spend 500 more and get Nokia 6085 ( i got it a week ago and it is very worth the price....and is far better than L6i)

i hope it helped

think the 6233 is a overall better alternative to this phone

Okay i will try google.

Edit: Ya there seems to be issues with the joystick so will suggest him 6233 instead of 750i.

So here's the final list :-SE W810i,Nokia 6233 and Nokia 6085.

BTW, can someone pls. tell me about the cost of 2Gb and 4 GB memmory card and which models to get???( will be using them to store music)

^^Whr r u frm? I think it wud be better if u get the local prices for the mem cards from your cell phone dealer...also the type of mem card will depend on the phone u buy and prices differ accordingly..so a 1 gb micro sd (nokia standard nowadays) will cost anywhr between 700 for kingmax to 950 bucks for the sandisk brand..imho not many are buying 2 gb n 4 gb mem cards.. so no replies, i see..;)

W810 uses memory stick duo pro which is cheap nowadays...

both 6233 n 6085 use micro sd type...

so in case the w810 will be for u, u need to check out the ms duo pro 2 gb n 4 gb prices at ur local dealer..or wait till someone here responds..:)

^^ I am currently in baroda ...so will check with the local shop keepers about the price of mem cards.

Thank you all for the valuable help.

Okay now my final question:- What all accessories do they bundle with the SE W810i ?? Checked their website .Didn't find much info there.

Back