Need a 5.1 Home Theatre for mostly Movies and some Music.

Please suggest a good home theatre for watching movies and music. The HT will mostly used with a TV that has a ARC output. And occasionally using the Bluetooth from phone / laptop.

Budget is around 30k. There are plenty of choices but i am not sure which one to get. Other connectivity to the HT system is added welcome.

One that i have shortlisted is

I own Sony HT-IV 300 for past 4+ years, purchased for 19k during republic day sale from Reliance Digital store. Now it's costly.
It's an excellent system. It has good sound quality for watching movies.
Based on 4 years of usage, I would say
1. Doesn't come with tweeters -> might be a deal-breaker for music
2. Subwoofer doesn't have BASS control, you still get Db adjustment

Take a look/audition it from some shop. No repairs/complaints in my usage. Excellent one.

I own Sony HT-IV 300 for past 4+ years, purchased for 19k during republic day sale from Reliance Digital store. Now it's costly.
It's an excellent system. It has good sound quality for watching movies.
Based on 4 years of usage, I would say
1. Doesn't come with tweeters -> might be a deal-breaker for music
2. Subwoofer doesn't have BASS control, you still get Db adjustment

Take a look/audition it from some shop. No repairs/complaints in my usage. Excellent one.
It's mostly out of stock everywhere. Any other suggestions?

Have you received your indiqaudio towers? if yes, how do they compare to your YHT 196?

Not yet. They're expected before the end of the month.
Actually thia query in on behalf of a friend. He is from Pune itself.

Can you pls share some pics and your expected price for the same ? I will forward the same to him. He might be interested.

Here's a couple of quick pics...

IMG_20221201_224003673.jpgIMG_20221201_224010896.jpg

Asking price is 15k. Works and sounds great.

I think I will post a proper sale thread though.

I actually prefer sale discussion to happen in the thread itself instead of via PMs to reduce traffic.

@joy.das.jd let me know if your friend is interested.

Last edited:
Try AVShack website. They have a large collection. 30K is the starting point for amps.

I am also planning to buy one... my ten year old Onkyo 5.1 HT has breathed its last.. I am going to use the existing speaker set (5.1).
I have shortlisted Denon x1700H (7.1). I plan to connect a couple of celling speakers (Palk audio) for Dolby Atmos. It is going for great prices at AVshack website. the website is having massive discount sales ongoing; you may have a look at a number of models.

If you plan this for mainly movies, you may consider Dolby Atmos (budget permit)

Back