Brand -

I'm okay with Redmi and Samsung.
Haven't used Moto, realme and others.

Usage -

What is your intended use?

Calls, texts, reading, watching movies.

What is your expected battery backup?

5000mah minimum

How long are you intending to use this phone?

It should run fine until it breaks (hopefully never). I'm switching from Redmi Y2.

Connectivity -

What is your preferred network?

5G

What is the number of connections required?

Single SIM is fine

Platform :

Operating System (OS) -​

Do you have any OS preference?

Android

RAM & Storage -

How much RAM and Storage do you want?

6GB / 128GB

Do you want a memory card slot?

No.

Display :

What is your preferred display size, type, resolution and refresh rate?

Don't mind smaller ones around 6"

Miscellaneous :

Any other requirements?

Need 3.5mm jack, NFC is a plus but not required

If you have already considered a phone, then please mention.

Moto G54

If any requirement takes a higher priority than other, mention here.

5G connectivity (more bands I guess?) > Build quality > Battery > NFC

Moto G54 should be good enough. Its major con is 1 OS upgrade but good otherwise for the price. M34 will provide 4 OS upgrades & AMOLED but a bit weaker SoC paired with a heavier UI is a not combination for years to come (One UI has been well optimised in the last few years, so time will tell how M34 fares after 2-3 years).

I have a preference for One UI over anything else android has to offer (even Pixel) but I use 30k+ phones with non-Samsung fab SoCs & that is what I recommend if suggesting to others. Sadly between M34 & S23, I don't recommend any other Samsung phone. M34 is cheap & weak enough to ignore its exynos issue.

Most of the phones from each manufacturer around 15k are the same, they only ship with different UI. So it doesn't really matter which phone you're going with. For something with 5G, Poco M6 Pro or Samsung M14/F14 is more than enough. M6 Pro's size can be a con though. G54 has OIS, not a big deal if you're not much into videography.

5g band support shouldn't be a problem, I think carriers use 7-8 bands and all 5G phones support them.

@ikkhan 13500? It's 16500, 15000 after card discount from what I see. How can I get it for lower?

I read some reviews, seems like it has a great screen and NFC too.
But it's not for heavy use and apparently it heats up sometimes.

you are coming from Redmi .... stick to Redmi only.

If requires long lasting good hardware (call, text, video) go with Samsung, if wish for REDMI matching.. stick to Redmi only.

Try not to drop handset in any condition, any brand will sustain for long, about heating 99.99% user of every band complaining same ...

Back