Need a Cable from Dead MX518

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently my MX Died and the reason is the USB that goes into the mouse and provides the connection and power. Anyone has a dead MX lying and ready to spare the cable?

Let me know

Just buy a USB Extender and strip off one end. Solder the stripped end to Mouse. Have done it loads of time. I infact have made my own iPod cables n stuff.

Hmm, the only problem is that the wire is gone from near the mouse, so technically I will need a long one and apart from that, I dont know how to do it :p

just trace where exactly the wire is gone, then cut at both sides. If you have a DMM, check the continuity. THen twist the wires together and cover with insulation tape ( if you dont know how to solder)

Great Idea. I will have to try that. Tough I am naive at this, would you suggest to take it to a repair guy and ask him to do it?

are you 100% sure where exactly the wire stopped working internally?

Probably right where it connects to the mouse.

Yup, an electronics repair dude should be able to fix it, but might cost his minimum charge

Yeah, I am sure of it. My mouse was getting disconnected and connected when some vigorous movements were done. So one day, it heightened the frequency by a lot. So i just fiddled around with the wire and saw that the laser was turning on and off. So yes, I am sure that its the wire and nothing else :)

My old creative mouse was dead, turned out there was a HUGE kink inside the mouse and the wires have cut off there. just cut that section of wire and soldered back the wires. Made sure i took out the kink portion. Mouse is working even today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back