Need a cheap Android phone with physical QWERTY.

It's been 3 years that I am on my P1i and it seems like its time for a change.

Please suggest me an Android phone(2.2) with physical qwerty.. as cheap as possible(I am broke).

Second hand option is also open as long as the phone fits my budget of ~10-12k(let me know if it's too low).

but GW620 sucks.

Given that you already have P1i, start saving some money (increase budget to some 25k-26k) and then get Milestone 2 when it is released (in two months time maybe). This phone will run Froyo out of the box and have a superb qwerty keypad.

likely not possible to acquire a qwery android at that price point.

i would suggest getting galaxy 3 i5800, it comes bundled with swype keyboard. One of the best keyboards i have ever seen. saves me alot of efforts in inputing text and i have found it to be painless and faster than qwerty.

it does take a little getting used to time.

the tutorials indicate that the words need to be swyped... the accuracy is not that important, the system predicts words pretty accurately.

Swype | Text Input for Screens

go under video and check out the Swype demonstration video 1st.

one need not swype with tip of the finger.. I hold my fone in my palm and just swype with my thumb(not its tip though).

PS: would be a bad idea to go for this with resistive touchscreen though

Get a used HTC Dream / G1 for around 10k. Its dated but with Cynanogen's mods its the best you can get at that price....

Arihant.EXE said:
It's been 3 years that I am on my P1i and it seems like its time for a change.

Please suggest me an Android phone(2.2) with physical qwerty.. as cheap as possible(I am broke).

Second hand option is also open as long as the phone fits my budget of ~10-12k(let me know if it's too low).
contact samsung or htc & ask them if they are coming out with anything within your budget, else increase your budget & go for something good which is existing.

if u get extend ur budget to 15k then go for SE X10 Mini Pro... its gr8 phone with few drawbacks... it has 1.6 android but will be gettin and upgrade anytime soon...

x10 mini pro is what I have in my mind too. But the only thing holding me back from getting it is:

1. The non-availability of 2.2 Froyo

2. It coming from a manufacturer not very well versed with Android, Sony Ericsson

3. The screen resolution of 320 x 240 is not native to the platform and hence most of the apps will not be supported

Back