Monitors Need a GOOD 19"-20" WS monitor in Rs20-22k

SoulFire

Skilled
Okay guys i was looking at buying a new Lcd monitor, well since theyre getting cheap now so considering a new monitor,well the kina work i do is mostly
watch movies
surf net
i used 2 game a lot but now with work i game less but it shudnt ghost n all the usual crap with games so gaming also shud b decent if not top notch.
easy on the eyes
so all u gurus out there help me get a new lcd within like Rs20,000-22,000 max

cheaper would be good but i want something decent.

monitors ive seen
Viewsonic VA1912W - Rs18,500 - reviews dont make it look so good
Samsung 940BW - Rs 20,000 No reviews buts its 4ms n looks good
havent looked any more but info wud be helpful,plz help me

:) Any specific reason for wanting widescreen?Yesterday someone else was looking for a monitor. There are some probs mostly regarding gaming in widescreen. It is fine for other uses I suppose....:)

raj_pol said:
:) Any specific reason for wanting widescreen?Yesterday someone else was looking for a monitor. There are some probs mostly regarding gaming in widescreen. It is fine for other uses I suppose....:)
There are no problems with gaming in widescreen. In fact its a much more immersive experience in widescreen. There's an entire website called widescreengamingforum.com dedicated to widescreen gaming. As far as the question of the poster is concerned, get either. Both use the same panel and have nearly the same specs. Grab the lcd that is cheaper.

Chaos said:
There are no problems with gaming in widescreen. In fact its a much more immersive experience in widescreen. There's an entire website called widescreengamingforum.com dedicated to widescreen gaming. As far as the question of the poster is concerned, get either. Both use the same panel and have nearly the same specs. Grab the lcd that is cheaper.

:) Well I can't claim to have personally tested the lcds so I am not sure. But have a look at this link chaos.
http://www.mattbrett.com/archives/20...n-gaming-woes/
There are quite a no of reports telling some probs with ws monitors. This site has nice screenshots with the probs mentioned.:)As such the probs are not major so if you want a ws go get it:D

Chaos said:
^^430$ after rebates. Would have costed 400$ elsewhere but dell gets taxed in washington :(

Thanx. Any idea on its cost in India?
@Soulfire, since the specifications are the same for both, like chaos mentioned the cheaper would do here:)

Btw, u posted this on tomshardware forums too by any chance??;)

how could they be the same,the samsung is a 4ms monitor and much better build quality

as far as the site goes thats for 21" lcds we poor people are still with 19-20",nobody talked at 20" yet.

and no i didnt post this on toms hardware as yet

i wanted teh dell 2007fpw buts its for 45k in india, i tried walking my way with the sales guy and he gave me a 10k discount andm ade it 35k which still doesent make it worth my while thats why im exploring these options,wantedt he dell one originally as it now comes with 5 yrs warranty

SoulFire said:
how could they be the same,the samsung is a 4ms monitor and much better build quality

as far as the site goes thats for 21" lcds we poor people are still with 19-20",nobody talked at 20" yet.

i wanted teh dell 2007fpw buts its for 45k in india, i tried walking my way with the sales guy and he gave me a 10k discount andm ade it 35k which still doesent make it worth my while thats why im exploring these options,wantedt he dell one originally as it now comes with 5 yrs warranty

Its the same panel not same monitor.... same 12ms TN panel. I recently got a quote of 30K for 2007. Hell the 2407 is available for 40K+tax :p.

SoulFire said:

4ms is for gray to gray while 8ms is typical which is black to black i assume.

A gray to gray response time is easier to do then then a black to black..

Btw, how did u arrive abt the build quality aspect? U saw both of them? Asking coz me too interested in a large LCD. :)

SoulFire said:

Sorry, I just said coz i saw a similar post like this here..:p

Click here

Chaos said:
30K all inclusive for 2007WFP. Make sure you get the latest revisions... older ones had major banding issues.

Is this an 8 bit LCD? How would you rate it for movies and games?

And u sure about the pricing here @ 30k??

Sorry there, too lazy to search and find i guess when iv struck a rich mine here... ;)

^^Yeah its 8bit... initial revisions had banding issues but now it seems to have been fixed. Its available for 30K or so was i quoted... one of those dell special offers lol :p.

was in the special offers,anybody cud try callin DELL now,see what rates they give u :p @ 2007fpw

so there isnt any other better lcd in mumbai for 19" WS ? and decently priced ?

I too was quoted 30k+tax for 2007 & 40k+tax for 2405 (not 2407)...but that was a limited time special as chaos mentioned...not available anymore...

The viewsonic VX 2025W is ideal for your needs....
check my signature ...
I have yet to see a better lcd panel for gaming or DVD watching and is a total VFM ...

Back