Need a good mp3+FM speakerphone around 8k..

^^I think, i'd better go for the w700 or the 6233 as the k750 doesnt really have very good bundled head phones either..

Plus i'll have to spend more on memory if i go for the k750..the w700 comes with 256mb..so for the time being it may be enuf.. dont know about the 6233, but the twin stereo loud speakers won me over...now i'm utterly confused between the 2...sos call..help needed..;)

But guys, i'm still waiting for ur replies about the price of the w700 and the 6233 here in mumbai...will it be around 11k at say, alpha,irla??

Btw, how come these cellphones are being sold for such low prices at indiaplaza.in?? I mean, wots the catch?? Are they selling grey market or refurbished stuff?

I heard somewhr tht the k750i can be modded to w800i?? Is it true?? Wht will be the benefits of doing so? Also will i be able to use the w800 earphones with the k750i?

Btw, i'm still waiting for ur replies to my previous question about the indiaplaza.in..wot do you guys think?? Is it safe to buy cellphones from them? Has anybody bought anything from them...?? I'm still suspicious about the whole thing...they are not selling refurbished or grey market stuff..are they??

yes,k750 software part can be modified into w800 (+ u can do loads of tweaks in addition) ,but it might void your warranty if you are concerned..
yes ,hpm 70 (aka w800 headphones) can be used with k750,in fact you can use almost all the accessories for the fastport with k750,and thats a long list :p

^^Thanks for the info..btw, any idea about indiaplaza.in?? shud i buy my new cellphone from there..cos their prices seem too irresistible...wot do u think??

Also if i go for nokia, which one of the 6233 and the 5300 wud be a better buy..their prices seem similar...the 6233 has better stereo loudspeakers, looks elegant and a 2 mp cam...the 5300 in contrast has better earphones or atleast we can use a different earphone with the included adapter.. also the mem card supplied with it is 256 mb as compared to the 64mb of the 6233...Also the 6233 doesnt come with the datacable...so tht'll mean extra expenditure..rest seems to be same...

I really love the 6233's looks and speakers but the 5300 has better bundled stuff and also a usb port instead of pop port..tht'll eliminate the need to buy extra datacable...gawd, this is too confusing and frustrating..pls help me out..

If you are from Mumbai just search with Local Shops and you will get much lower quote than what you get at Alfa or with any Online Site. W700i & 6233 is below 11k at mumbai.

6233 have loud volume as well as great display.

About K750i, I bought it because it has all that you can get with W800i (as soon as you FLASH it with W800i software.) you can not flash W700i with W800i.

My purchase K750i @9900 with Bill + 1GB Mem (1K) + HPM-70 (350)

Advantage over W700i = Auto focus, Macro mode and vast help available online as K750i used by more than 100000's of people all over world and many of our TE friends too.

Stick said:
If you are from Mumbai just search with Local Shops and you will get much lower quote than what you get at Alfa or with any Online Site. W700i & 6233 is below 11k at mumbai.

6233 have loud volume as well as great display.

About K750i, I bought it because it has all that you can get with W800i (as soon as you FLASH it with W800i software.) you can not flash W700i with W800i.

My purchase K750i @9900 with Bill + 1GB Mem (1K) + HPM-70 (350)

Advantage over W700i = Auto focus, Macro mode and vast help available online as K750i used by more than 100000's of people all over world and many of our TE friends too.

thanks for the info...btw, i have zeroed down on the 5300( as it seems for the time being) ...it has got a very good screen, player and the bundled stuff is good too..plus it includes the 3.5mm adapter...plus its loudspeaker sound quality is really good too...
Well, guys do u think it is a good buy??

get k750i .. use a mp3 with loud volume as ringtone .,,u wont miss calls ..
there is soft called "mp3 gain" ..

also i have converted my k750i <>w800i .. its really worth now ..
also camera of k750i is simply superb .. nokia camera sucks i have checked n72 and its really poor .. and now with walkman music player the sound quality is rocking too.. also memory card is very cheap ..800 rs for 1 gb .. and hpm-70 is like 450 rs ..

i have got nokia n73me . too.. but still using my k750i and the nokia one is sitting idle .. just get k750i ..:) now for 9.3 k .. and if u bargain then u can get it for 9 k with bill ..:hap2:

yogi7272 said:
get k750i .. also camera of k750i is simply superb .. nokia camera sucks

No more SUPERB cam quality for K750i New Batch Phone, I tested it with my self and found yellow shade at Night Mode.. compare with W800i.

Don't know about after flashed with W800i.

what firmware ur phone has ? even if there is a prob at night .. at day condition its excellent .. even beats n73 cam when used in 2mp mode ..:D

my k750 had ..R1CA021 now its has W800_R1BC002_MAIN_EU_EMEA_RED49
also, auto focus lag has reduced and sound quality and volume level is improved along with flight mode ..:)

again n72 cam is pretty poor compared to k750i ..same with cam of 6233 .. my friends has both of these .. also sound quality of k750i is better than n72 , 6233 and 5300 ..

icefusion said:
Nokia 5300's build quality is a bit poor, i suggest you hold the phone and use it before buying it..

Have there been any issues with its slider design..i mean i too heard a few bad things about its build quality..this cud be a serious issue to consider..since apart from this, it seems to be a pretty solid phone in terms of features..

yogi7272 said:
get k750i .. use a mp3 with loud volume as ringtone .,,u wont miss calls ..
there is soft called "mp3 gain" ..

also i have converted my k750i <>w800i .. its really worth now ..
also camera of k750i is simply superb .. nokia camera sucks i have checked n72 and its really poor .. and now with walkman music player the sound quality is rocking too.. also memory card is very cheap ..800 rs for 1 gb .. and hpm-70 is like 450 rs ..

i have got nokia n73me . too.. but still using my k750i and the nokia one is sitting idle .. just get k750i .. now for 9.3 k .. and if u bargain then u can get it for 9 k with bill ..

Hey the k750@9.3k is enticing..btw, i just happened to see ur location, well, seems we arent too far off..;) I stay at kharghar..recently shifted here..i have been quoted a price of 9.7k for the k750 by a local dealer here..where did you buy it from..will you pls give me the address..also it wud be gr8 if u cud tell me about shops u know, where i cud possibly get it for 9k..:)
Also have thr been any adverse effects of flashing the k750 with the w800 firmware? I mean relating to battery consumption, cam or usage etc..
do you recommend getting it done as soon as i buy it or shud i wait for the warranty to elapse ? I had the 5300 and the k750 in mind after all this discussion and since the 5300 doesnt really seem so durable, i think at 9k, the 750i wud be a steal.. pls let me know about the shop from where to get the k750.. but as it happens i'm still counting on both..and will do a little bit of google research about the 5300's durability... b4 i decide on it..
Also do u think tht the 64tone polyphony of the 5300 make any difference in sound from the 40 tone polyphony of the k750i?

actually .. i got k750i yesterday for a friend of mine for 9.4 k .. some bargaining would have slashed it to 9.2 k .. but my friend was in hurry ..

shop name, i will let u know .. somewhere in sec 17 vashi ..

also .. there are lots of advantages of k750 <> w800 conversion .. disadvantage i have not found yet ..:)

yogi7272 said:
actually .. i got k750i yesterday for a friend of mine for 9.4 k .. some bargaining would have slashed it to 9.2 k .. but my friend was in hurry ..

shop name, i will let u know .. somewhere in sec 17 vashi ..

also .. there are lots of advantages of k750 <> w800 conversion .. disadvantage i have not found yet ..:)

Hey yogi,

did you flash your k750i within WARRANTY period, what advantages do you get over STOCK k750i software?:S

How if I WAIT for 365 days to expire WARRANTY and than FLASH with W800i, will I get FLASH FILES at that time or will I get anything better than what you already get?:)

mine one is just 4 months old .. flashed it cos i have n73 me too ..:)

also its a childs play .. nothing special .. and its worth .. no need to wait for 365 days if ur handset is working fine ..

it just loads w800 firmware with k750 filesystem ..

Back